Zayatte VS Taylor VS Coke

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

So lets be fair here..

Martin Taylor joined it didn't work out, people wanted him out, didn't want to see him play for us again, now he's gone..

Kamil Zayatte joined it's not worked out so far, yet people want him out, it seems people are unwilling to give him another chance, terminate deal/sell him, don't want him to wear the shirt again..

(Both these players have played about 15 games between them)

Giles Coke has been here how long? How many games has he played? What's he achieved? I don't see him getting the sh*t that Zayatte/Taylor is getting...Cracking at hide and seek tho.

Guest LEGEND

Taylor was shocking. Never should have signed him.

Never rated Zayatte, so many better players than him.

I actually rate Coke, always have done. He's never gonna be our best player, but very useful to have. Was amazing against Leicester at Home this season.

Guest Sheff Owl

But Taylor wasn't shocking for Watford, they wanted to keep him and were gutted we signed him.

He was playing regular for them in the Championship.

People were very happy we signed him just like with Zayatte. (Just look back at the threads).

Guest CageFightingOwl

Zayatte's performances were along time ago.

Some players get better when they arent playing, Zayattes got worse.

Id say before we write him off go back and watch his 11 games for us, he was ok.

Edited by CageFightingOwl

Guest Big Guns

All 3 not good enough if we want to progress.

It's not rocket science.

This

Am I right in thinking coke and madine are the last survivors from the irvine days ?

But Taylor wasn't shocking for Watford, they wanted to keep him and were gutted we signed him.

He was playing regular for them in the Championship.

People were very happy we signed him just like with Zayatte. (Just look back at the threads).

Taylor should have been a decent signing but the circumstances at the time changed all that, and was partly down to DJ.  I think Dave made him captain when he shouldnt have been then threw him in at the deep end when we weren't playing well.  I think that was more down to the manager at the time.

Coke has done nowt so far, surprised he was given a new contract last season,but I think that was down to financial reasons in going for the cheaper option as opposed to bringing in a decent centre midfielder which would have cost us.

I think Coke is alright in a 3 man midfield, but is not up to the required standard when playing 2 in the middle.  

Good grief, we've got rid of nine. A few will no doubt go out on loan as well, so that will be a dozen players plying their trade elsewhere, we surely can't afford to let any more go. It's all very well saying get rid, but we have to replace them. Do people want the upheaval of our first season in this league?

Coke is a league 1 player who has decent game now and again, not really good enough to progress us to the next level

Zayatte is a journeyman who was struggling to find a club until we came in for him, I bet he couldn't believe his luck. He's also a liability

Taylor was a very expensive has been

All three not good enough

Zayatte's performances were along time ago.

Some players get better when they arent playing, Zayattes got worse.

Id say before we write him off go back and watch his 11 games for us, he was ok.

zayatte wasnt too bad he just needs to stop doing daft things like when passing back to kirkland dont blast the damn ball back to him

he scores a couple important goals for us but at times he was a disaster ie own goal or defensive errors . But see how he gets on in preseason then gray will kno what to do with him after that

Edited by stocksyuto

Guest Sheff Owl

It's not about all 3 not being good enough, it's about people constantly slagging of Taylor and Zayatte yet Coke is awful. plays regular and doesn't get half the crap that Taylor/Zayatte has.

It's not about all 3 not being good enough, it's about people constantly slagging of Taylor and Zayatte yet Coke is awful. plays regular and doesn't get half the crap that Taylor/Zayatte has.

coke is not good enough the sooner we get rid the better, hate seeing his name on the team sheet

Coke looked as though he was going to be one of our best signings for a long time when he first signed.

When it was rumoured that we were interested in him someone on here who'd watched him at his previous club said he looked brilliant with them to start with & then became anonymous.

I think he's got the abilities but doesn't produce them anywhere near enough to warrant Championship football & a 2 year contract last summer.

Coke is never going to be Yaya Toure but for a free signing I think he has had more good games than bad.

I'm not sure what people are expecting. He, like the rest of our current midfielders, plays better in a 3.

I agree his fitness record isn't great, he may not run the game every time he plays, but 1 in 5 he looks a real player.

A 1 in 5 player is the market we have been dealing with for 10 years. That's why we are good enough to beat the league champions at home one week then rubbish enough to get 1 point in 2 games against the bottom team.