Matt Derbyshire

Guest Sheff Owl

28 years old, never scored more than 10 goals in a season.

No thanks.

Ishamael Miller has been released also.

I thought we should have a look at him.

But if we are going to release players like Reda because of the number of games they average, people like Derbyshire shouldnt be on our radar.

260+ games in ten years?

Derbyshire and Miller would both be underwhelming signings for me , not sure either are what we should be looking at

Guest Sheff Owl

Yep we need to stay clear of these types of players.

28 and 27 years old both had loads of clubs and neither are goalscorers.

Scores some good goals and looked full of confidence towards the end of this season

Might be because he wanted another contract, or another club to come in for him.

If he was doing it on a regular basis, then yes, but it looks like he is only bothered when his contract is coming to an end.

Having said that, he might have found that new lease of life and be a reyt signing.

It's up to you Stu (not that Stu will read this post, or even if he did, take any notice of it).

Its a no from me like whats been said suddenly done well now his contracts up, as for miller would have took him 5/6 years ago at WBA bit too many injuries and apparenrly telling yeovil boss gary johnson i dont wanna play for you anymore does not sit well with me.

We could do worse and we could do better, depends on how many pennies we have to spend. It's one of those signings that people may feel dissapointed about but he's still probably better than what we've had in recent years. Regular football could do him good and it could be a shrewd signing for someone if he's confident again.

Ishmael miller would fit into the wickham role a bit better but he also sounds like a bad egg