Wickham - PL Player of the Month

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2013-14/may/pulis-and-wickham-claim-barclays-monthly-awards.html

Crystal Palace manager Tony Pulis and Sunderland striker Connor Wickham have won Barclays monthly awards for April, the first time they have claimed the accolades.

Pulis has been named Barclays Manager of the Month for April after leading Crystal Palace to four wins out of five Barclays Premier League matches during the month. Palace beat Cardiff City 3-0, Aston Villa 1-0, Everton 3-2 and West Ham United 1-0 to take 12 points from a possible 15 and climb away from the relegation zone to 11th.

Wickham has picked up the Barclays Player of the Month award for April after scoring five times to lift Sunderland's chances of staying in the Barclays Premier League. Wickham's goals, including doubles in the 4-0 win against Cardiff City and 2-2 draw at Manchester City, helped the Black Cats climb out of the bottom three. The player, who was recalled from a loan at Sheffield Wednesday to help his club, also scored in the 2-1 victory against Chelsea.

As well as it being his first such award, Pulis also becomes the first Crystal Palace manager to win the accolade. Wickham's award is the second for a Sunderland player this season, after Adam Johnson claimed the January prize.

If I was Hodgson I'd definitely at least take a look at him for the Denmark game. See if he has any international quality. Personally I'd prefer him to Carroll. I dunno about Lambert...I'd take him for his free kicks and penalties but is that enough.

In any case, fully deserved Connor! Glad to see him get the recognition he deserves.