Faster than last year already?

robstaton @robstaton
Stuart Gray will speak to his out of contract players on Sunday and a retained list is expected to be announced next week #SWFC
01/05/2014 13:20

Can't remember when it was released last year so might be completely wrong but seems we're doing things fast than last year already?

Hopefully we can start looking to get players signed up in the coming weeks (wishful thinking)

Edited by EcclesallOwl

Quicker the better.

Gray said after the Bolton game he hadn't sat down with MM.

We were mathematically safe after the Bournemouth game so with the Charlton game being 2 days later they should have sat down and discussed players and budgets the day after the Charlton game!

Guest wilyfox

Retained list Monday, Fryatt & RoJo in Tuesday, new season Wednesday, transfer deadline Friday.

@robstaton: Stuart Gray tells me he's spoken to Milan Mandaric & passed on his list of targets for the summer. "20 goal striker" the top priority #SWFC

@robstaton: Stuart Gray feels the bosman market will be crucial. Says he'll still need to use the loan market, but with less reliance on it. #SWFC

@robstaton: Stuart Gray says the U21 system for games isnt working. Admits he'd consider sending Jack Stobbs out on loan like Liam Palmer/Tranmere #SWFC

@robstaton: I asked Gray whether he thought Gary Madine was good enough for the Championship. He suggested he can be but will be a big summer f/GM #SWFC

It was odd last year, we spoke about doing it quickly. Then didnt release it for ages.

Then we released fewer than expected and re-signed a couple we thought would go. I think there was a change of plan somewhere along the line, perhaps some kind of investment interest which put the brakes on.

Hopefully we've learnt from that this time.

It was odd last year, we spoke about doing it quickly. Then didnt release it for ages.

Then we released fewer than expected and re-signed a couple we thought would go. I think there was a change of plan somewhere along the line, perhaps some kind of investment interest which put the brakes on.

Hopefully we've learnt from that this time.

Last year they spent a lot of time trying to get players in for peanuts only to settle for re-signing Prutton, etc.

Let's hope the budget is more realistic this year.

Owlstalk should be shut down in the summer. Too much pain waiting around for signings, takeovers etc that never happen

but that would mean i would have to talk to the missus to pass the time instead  :duntmatter:  :picnic: