When Michael Prendergast (RIP) scores a goal & Southend 1976

Remember walking past the players entrance on the way to the lottery office c 1977/8 and Mick was coming out of the players entrance on crutches in tears. Really felt for him, he was a smashing player for us but terribly unlucky with injuries. Sad end to his career.

R.I.P. Mick, never forgotten. One of my early heroes.

Loved that Southend game - felt like there was 50K in Hillsborough that night, as we'd been sub 10K most of the season. I remember Prendo scoring as scorcher earlier that season against Chester - best goal i'd seen live at the time and for some time after.

Good memory!  Better than mine as I was there and completely forgotten that I had seen Swan and Springett play!

MPT_zps6449fa64.jpg

mickp12_zps64e3c391.jpg

Brilliant again Dunsbury 

I went to both the Southend and Bolton games but keep thinking Knighton scored against Southend ( is that a young Frank Worthington in that photo ?)  Prendo was one of my first heroes forgot he had passed RIP Mick . 

...I don't remember the goal very well...I do remember Prendo and every other player taking the ball to the corner flag and virtually surrounding it to keep the ball and run the clock down...the celebrations after were .. 'as if we had been promoted' ... I think were the comments on YTV.

Always gave 110% ... proper 'Wednesday Legend'...

I was at Notts County away when he scored a screamer...I think he might have got 3...Wednesday hit 5 if I recall...R.I.P Prendo..

He got 2. So did Joicey. Potts got the other. Fantastic strike from a standing position across the keeper into the top left corner. Can still see it today. 

Guest intercity0wl

Remember this, won 5-1 and following week we beat Cardiff City 5-0.

Correct we did, but i always thought both games were at Home ?

Correct we did, but i always thought both games were at Home ?

No, the 5-1 was away. We were 3-0 up at half time, 2 from Prendo and 1 from Joicey. It was Prendo's second and Wednesday's third that was an amazing strike.

In typically Wednesday fashion we nearly screwed it up. They scored just after half time and then missed a penalty and we all expected the worst. Then Joicey and Potts scored on 59 and 60 minutes and we ran out easy winners.