Ipswich : A1 or M1

Guest intercity0wl

A1 without a doubt, seems like there could be a few of us using it on Friday Afternoon.

Edited by intercity0wl

A1 every time. Sadly I've forgot it's a BH weekend so I've got 3 hours on slow roads from Skegvegas.

I drived down from Skegness a few years ago, doesn't look far on map but lots of winding roads so took ages, got a speeding ticket on way back near Boston too.  :duntmatter:

Norwich next season is a bit nearer. 

Edited by bradowl

Guest Tractorowl

I always do M1, A57, A1 and finally A14. The A14 from Huntingdon to Ipswich regularly has traffic incidents and it is not unusual for it to shut. Friday evenings, at rush hour, the A14 at Cambidge can become Britain's largest car park. Fortunately most will be travelling North to visit their families. One of the quiet, not often used, routes from Sheffield is the A616 to Newark and then pick up the A1. It can cut off a lot of time if the northern part of the A1 is busy.

Guest CAROWL

I drived down from Skegness a few years ago, doesn't look far on map but lots of winding roads so took ages, got a speeding ticket on way back near Boston too. :duntmatter:

Norwich next season is a bit nearer.

Drived!!!!!!!