Who was your dad's favourite player?

Humphrey Littleton ......my dad didn't do sports of any kind .

And so, as the appreciated ISIHAC reference of timeis ignored by the Owlstalk messagebaord of destiny, I leave you with my dad favourite player

Finney, all day and all night.

And so, as the appreciated ISIHAC reference of timeis ignored by the Owlstalk messagebaord of destiny, I leave you with my dad favourite player

Finney, all day and all night.

An aficionado! Brilliant!

Jimmy Hagen...he was a blade but took me to my first game at hillsborough...he also took me the the Lane to watch the two best teams ever to play there...the Yorkshire team who beat the Aussies in 63' and the Harlem Globetrotters   :biggrin:

Pretty much the same for me, although it might have been Doc Pace instead of Jimmy Hagen. He took me to the Lane to watch Utd v Liverpool . Shortly afterwards I renounced Sheffield United and started watching Wednesday Reserves as I couldn't afford to watch the first team

Proper Parson Cross lad I was

Wednesday Modern day as was.... Tommy McAnearney and Albert Quixall

His Wednesday Legends ...Ernest Blenkinsop, Alf Strange, Tony Leech, Billy Marsden

None Wednesday Players..... Duncan Edwards, Tommy Taylor and Alick Jeffrey

read the other day that quixall wasn't rated by his man utd team mates they thought he was a bottler who couldn't perform on the big stage ....also when he was left out by busby at the end of his time at old Trafford he had a nervous breakdown .should have stayed at Hillsboro coz he was worshipped here.