Who was your dad's favourite player?

Bobby Craig ?, very small forward from scotland, mi dad liked him because he was cheeky and tricky.

He was my very first favourite player, I always asked my dad if he was playing though I don't remember much about him.

My family were/are Blunts but I saw the light at a very early age because my Dad wanted to see the great Spurs team of 1960 so took me to see the famous victory Hillsborough. That was his mistake as I have followed the Owls ever since. However back to the topic, my Dad's favorite player was the Blade Jimmy Hagen

He was my very first favourite player, I always asked my dad if he was playing though I don't remember much about him.

I just about remember Bobby Craig. Great footballer and typical of many Scottish players at that time - small, skillfull, entertaining and, if I'm right (correct me otherwise), also liked his beer.

Nice one. My Dad says he used to fly up the wing ,one of 5 forwards, said he liked him because he was exciting and would go past defenders like they were big lumps, apparently he was v.small but liked takin the Mick. That's all he could remember.

Guest Ozzieowlpelvicthrust

Probably in the top 3t right backs in the world at the time - King Roland

I wouldn't say Roland was the best fullback in the world at that time... But he was in the top 1 lol

Edited by Ozzieowlpelvicthrust

Guest conisbrough

My father said best player he ever saw was Tom Finney. Said no one else came near.

He was a blade and told me Hagen was best plahyer they ever had (better than Currie). He brought me up an owl so he could get out of house every Saturday.

My dads favourites were Mike Lyons, Roland Nilsson, John Sheridan, Chris Waddle, Marc Degryse & David Hirst.

I don't know which of these was actually his favourite but he talks about all of them fondly. Personally my favourite was Waddle or Hirst

Another one for Jackie Robinson........................but he also raved about Duncan Edwards, he once went to Hampden to watch England v Scotland and i think Edwards was making his debut at the age of 18 , he said the lad had got the lot.

Exactly the same as my dad, can almost hear him saying that.......think our dad had a bike? Or maybe you are my long lost brother!.

Edited by lesbarbeux