Who was your dad's favourite player?

My dad said he wouldn't watch football if he was paid a fiver. (In about 1960 when a fiver was about £200 in todays money).

Not only that but he often tried to stop me going to games. Made me stop in to help him decorate etc. 

Some of you lot don't know how lucky you are.

Jimmy Hagen...he was a blade but took me to my first game at hillsborough...he also took me the the Lane to watch the two best teams ever to play there...the Yorkshire team who beat the Aussies in 63' and the Harlem Globetrotters   :biggrin:

Same here my dad is red and white and 98 in August his favourite same Jimmy Hagan he took me to the lane when they had Mick Jones and Alan Birchinall but I was always going to be an Owl going to Wisewood school

My dad was a goalkeeper, he played at semi professional level

His favourite player was Springett, in his opinion, Springett was better than Banks.

Same with my dad Hoots ( apart from the semi-pro keeper bit), couldn't stand Banks, said he was massively overrated due to one save. Also, he went school with Jim Smith.

Guest Blinking owl

Shandy pants. ...just splitting hairs here. ...but they didn't have cards in them days. ....and fair play for smackin him. ...