New strips

Guest WESTENDOWL

It could be worse it could be Warrior have you seen Liverpools 2nd and 3rd kits  they look like a 4 year old got hold of some crayons

Used to have a reyt nice goalie top and glove combo by Sondico, reyt bobby dazzlers.

I had some Sondico graphite goalie gloves that got grippier the wetter they got. Great gloves.

Edited by coe_22

I know I shouldn't care but...

...Sondico is a terrible choice, and even worse if it is true that the back is plain white.

We play in stripes; front and back!

This trend for plain backs is all down to the modern tv viewer and commentator. Fed up of commentators, particularly on radio, moaning they cannot see the numbers on striped shirts. Do your research and you wouldn't need to see the numbers.

Could we not have had an Umbro shirt such as

post-13900-0-13782900-1398016726_thumb.j

I had some Sondico graphite goalie gloves that got grippier the wetter they got. Great gloves.

Always went for Sondico goalie gloves myself, better tha anything else on the market at the time.

Always went for Sondico goalie gloves myself, better tha anything else on the market at the time.

Not so great now though. I only went for them coz big Kev Pressman used to wear them.

Edited by coe_22

I know I shouldn't care but...

...Sondico is a terrible choice, and even worse if it is true that the back is plain white.

We play in stripes; front and back!

This trend for plain backs is all down to the modern tv viewer and commentator. Fed up of commentators, particularly on radio, moaning they cannot see the numbers on striped shirts. Do your research and you wouldn't need to see the numbers.

Could we not have had an Umbro shirt such as

Is a great strip that. Nothing fancy and does what it says on the tin.

Course he does, and he's stood there we St Peter at T'Gate* we a Wednesday shirt on

*the pub that used to be just down from The Travellers

Aye.

Sky is blue, clouds are white...

I find it intensely irritating how many people buy into the idea that "cheap" always means poor quality and expensive always means good quality. Most kits, as with many other items these days are made in the far east, many "brands" are actually made in the same factories then sent to differing middle men and brand name suppliers who put on thier hugely inflated mark ups. Marketing has a lot to answer for in my humble opinion.

I find it intensely irritating how many people buy into the idea that "cheap" always means poor quality and expensive always means good quality. Most kits, as with many other items these days are made in the far east,

many "brands" are actually made in the same factories then sent to differing middle men and brand name suppliers who put on thier hugely inflated mark ups. Marketing has a lot to answer for in my humble opinion.

They'd still be retailing them at the same price as an Adidas or Nike kit in the Wednesday shop anyway... as for our marketing department. What a car crash that is.

I don't buy the shirts so from my point of view I'm not arsed, but it's a crap brand to be associated with innit.

Saying that, I doubt the quality is any worse than the current offering.

I will stick to my ageing but still serviceable (like me!) all cotton TOFFS replica I have had for some years now, Quality.

We've seen Nike and Adidas ridiculously overcharge for their kits and although I thought last year's kit was alright this year's kit is rubbish, so puma are out. I know it is a bit superficial but sondico are tinpot, as are macron, lotto or even kappa (are they still going?). My personal preference would be umbro, they've made decent kits in the past, I just hope they would keep the price fair.

Guest WESTENDOWL

We've seen Nike and Adidas ridiculously overcharge for their kits and although I thought last year's kit was alright this year's kit is rubbish, so puma are out. I know it is a bit superficial but sondico are tinpot, as are macron, lotto or even kappa (are they still going?). My personal preference would be umbro, they've made decent kits in the past, I just hope they would keep the price fair.

I am pretty sure Nike bought out umbro and ceased making shirts under the umbro brand

I am pretty sure Nike bought out umbro and ceased making shirts under the umbro brand

That'll be why Umbro signed a new deal to make Hull's kit yesterday.

See post 57.

Edited by Sham67