Fargo: the series

Chris_B_SWFC

On 10/03/2021 at 06:39, Grandad said:

S4. Struggling to get into it after 3 episodes

It's a bit slow, then again most of them have been the same.  What's different this time is there's nothing really grabbing hold of you in this one so far. I'm not even rooting for any of the characters.

Just finished the 4th season, enjoyed it, but not as much as the first 3.

I didn't seem right not being set in Minnesota. I missed the funny accents and the old fashioned, quirky behaviour from the previous seasons. It seemed like the nurse character had been put in there just to include a Minnesotan as I didn't think the character fit well into the story.

Too many monologues, but thought the cast was good. 

I hope there is a 5th season because I loved the first 3, I just hope the next one is more similar to those.

• Like 1

Not sure what really happened with season 4, just was no storyline to follow. Was like they had had a brainstorming session the writers and could not agree on anything, so just put in every idea they had, however unrelated and then tried to make 11 episodes out of it.

When you compare to season one with Billy Bob and Martin Freeman it is a mile away and more!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimothy said:

Not sure what really happened with season 4, just was no storyline to follow. Was like they had had a brainstorming session the writers and could not agree on anything, so just put in every idea they had, however unrelated and then tried to make 11 episodes out of it.

When you compare to season one with Billy Bob and Martin Freeman it is a mile away and more!

Bit of an odd one, wasn't it? Channel 4 kept on scheduling it later and later in the evening, which suggested that it had failed to gain traction with viewers. Personally I thought it was quite good, but the first few episodes were heavy going and a bit confusing. I wonder if the lack if any real A-list actors counted against it?

20 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Bit of an odd one, wasn't it? Channel 4 kept on scheduling it later and later in the evening, which suggested that it had failed to gain traction with viewers. Personally I thought it was quite good, but the first few episodes were heavy going and a bit confusing. I wonder if the lack if any real A-list actors counted against it?

Chris Rock was real good in it, impressed me, funnily enough I dropped on 30 mins of Beverly Hills Cop 2 last night and there he was playing a car valet in a very brief role, his acting has improved!

I didn't not enjoy season 4, just didn't have traction.  Although they get first prize for best accidental shooting of oneself with the Italian brother!