Out of contract players- who stays, who goes

why would i want to bet on it? i just hope for his sake that he returns to full fitness. At this stage, i'd have thought all outcomes are possible; he might retire, he might prove fitness and earn a new deal, or he could end up playing for someone else. But i'm prepared to wait before writing him off. I don't understand why others are so keen to do so.

I hope he returns to full fitness too, he's walking fine and jogging I believe. I also never said he would retire dependant because of his fitness, I'm not writing him off and saying he won't/can't play football anymore. I just believe he will choose not too even if he gets fit. Lets agree to disagree

someone tweet Gardner and tell him not to bother, these guys have decided his fate for him already.

How can I or anyone other fan decide his fate for him? I just said it's my opinion that we should get rid.

Can't be doing with carrying players that don't play, especially when they are a top earner like he is. I'm fairly confident he will be released anyway.

I'd release Gardner, he is one of the top earners if not the top earner, good player for us last season, but it's not value to keep him on, and the injury he has is one of the worst you can get in football. He won't be the same player IMO

Better off spending those wages elsewhere.

Absolutely this^^^^^^^^^^^ 

Should we not at least be giving Gardner a chance to prove a certain level of fitness? Or have we got to the stage where we want to throw a player who captained us through a campaign and held the defence together on the scrapheap? It's harsh in the extreme. Yes, he may never get fit, but at least give the poor sod a chance. 

Hutchinson is class tho Reda as much as I like him isn't.

Keep Hutch Loovens Kirkland Semado Onyewu Floro

Rest can go.

Contracts I would try to ship out...

Zayatte

Maghoma

Madine

Corry

Why would you get rid of maghoma? Had more decent games than bad in his first season and offers something different. Can play down the middle as well.

Should we not at least be giving Gardner a chance to prove a certain level of fitness? Or have we got to the stage where we want to throw a player who captained us through a campaign and held the defence together on the scrapheap? It's harsh in the extreme. Yes, he may never get fit, but at least give the poor sod a chance. 

No sorry no room for sentiment. It would really be a bad move to re sign someone who has been injured for 2/3 of this season.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Retain Llera, people who can write that dont go to games, he looks like he is running in treacle, against Blackburn Jordan Rhodes followed him around effectively choosing his own marker. Understand the need for back up but bring someone with potential in from a lower league club.

Retain Llera, people who can write that dont go to games, he looks like he is running in treacle, against Blackburn Jordan Rhodes followed him around effectively choosing his own marker. Understand the need for back up but bring someone with potential in from a lower league club.

I expect he'll be required for a game or two before the end of the season. They may be the final nails in his release coffin though. My gut feeling is that he'll be released along with Taylor, Reda and Gardner. Terrific player Gardner but his fitness and contract demands might see him going. You'd hope that something can be worked out with Loovens but Onyewu might slip away too. Centre back will certainly keep the recruitment drive busy before next season.

No sorry no room for sentiment. It would really be a bad move to re sign someone who has been injured for 2/3 of this season.

Did you even read my comment? I'm saying we should let him try and prove his fitness. If he does, then offer him a deal. If not then think about releasing him. Just don't see the point in writing him off before he's had chance to prove his fitness. Like I said before, it's not like were going to go out and sign better.

Did you even read my comment? I'm saying we should let him try and prove his fitness. If he does, then offer him a deal. If not then think about releasing him. Just don't see the point in writing him off before he's had chance to prove his fitness. Like I said before, it's not like were going to go out and sign better.

It's over a season that you prove your fitness, therefore he's too much of a risk, he has to go I'm afraid.

It's over a season that you prove your fitness, therefore he's too much of a risk, he has to go I'm afraid.

He's also reportedly on a high wage, unfortunately I doubt we'd be able to afford the risk and equally I'd doubt he's be all that interested in taking a wage cut with a higher appearance fee or something.

Was speaking to a reliable sauce last week, not going to name any names, hope you understand why.

He told me that we have offered new contracts to Kirkland, Loovens and Semedo.

He then went on to say that the club was going to discuss the future of Gooch after the World Cup with the player the manager and his agent.

He then told me that Wednesday had offered Fryatt a contract telling him to let Wednesday know ASAP whether or not he would be staying with Hull so that Wednesday  could move on swiftly and quickly if he was going to.

I take it he's told them he's staying with Hull

UTO!!!

Out of contract players:

Keep:

Kirkland

Loovens

Reda

Semedo

Davies

Unsure:

Onyewu

Gardner