Sign in to follow this  
theowlsman

Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Blackburn fans on twitter cant wait to get rid of him... never a good sign

Blackburn fans on twitter cant wait to get rid of him... never a good sign

We had him last season??

He doesn't score many at this level. Simple as that. Greg Halford almost has as many career goals (in more games) as a defender. People say Besty scored loads for Coventry... he didn't. 

At Coventry he scored 17 in 92 league games over 3 seasons. At Newcastle he did ok but was still a bit of a joke player for them upfront. 

I don't want to slag him off but nothing he's ever produced in his career suggests he's going to score more than 10 for us next season. He hardly ever plays more than 30 games a season. 

We had him last season??

and its pretty split if we want him back. I trust 100% in SG. Saying that i said the same about Jones too  :wacko:

Though SG does seem to have a knack of getting the best out of players? Maybe he can get the best out of him too?

Guest Fedor

He doesn't score many at this level. Simple as that. Greg Halford almost has as many career goals (in more games) as a defender. People say Besty scored loads for Coventry... he didn't. 

At Coventry he scored 17 in 92 league games over 3 seasons. At Newcastle he did ok but was still a bit of a joke player for them upfront. 

I don't want to slag him off but nothing he's ever produced in his career suggests he's going to score more than 10 for us next season. He hardly ever plays more than 30 games a season. 

Same here I don't mind him but he is not the 15-20 goal a season player some are imagining him to be.

He has only scored 17 goals in the last 4 seasons.

At Coventry he scored 17 in 92 league games over 3 seasons. At Newcastle he did ok but was still a bit of a joke player for them upfront

That's because it's Newcastle.

Unless its Shearer or some other stellar striker they dont accept them. I thought he did quite well for them considering.

we all ready have strikers who struggle to score so what's the point of adding another who struggles to find the net ,

Guest Big Guns

We're after Kevin Doyle don't no if it's been mentioned

Did they really?

I'd be surprised it they took much of a drop if any at all the reason they were on Loan & not actually signed is because they can get to play football but still keep getting there full wages.

Maybe Swansea wouldnt do that with Lita until Brighton offered to cough up majority of his wages & then Swansea only had to make a little bit up.

I only said Johnson took the pay cut. Wolves refused to pay any wages towards him playing for another club, their stance was if they're paying his wages then he might as well be sat on his arse rather than going anywhere else to play football. It's a very messy business at wolves regarding Johnson and O'Hara

We're after Kevin Doyle don't no if it's been mentioned

Another mate down pub revelation?

Sky reporting that Oldham have offered Llera a deal after his trial.

If we signed Best and/or Doyle, they wouldn't be signings which put bums in seats, but it would definitely show that we are progressing. They will strengthen the squad and perhaps a fresh start in a hungry team will revitalise them.

They're an improvement on what we have. 

If we signed Best and/or Doyle, they wouldn't be signings which put bums in seats, but it would definitely show that we are progressing. They will strengthen the squad and perhaps a fresh start in a hungry team will revitalise them.

They're an improvement on what we have.

fair post

The Kevin Doyle of 5 years ago yes but the 30 year old Doyle has seen his best days IMO, his goal return for the last few seasons definitely makes that apparent.

Don't disagree mate but think he's a cut above what we have and the others we've been linked with (best, Andy Johnson etc)

Guest Big Guns

The Kevin Doyle of 5 years ago yes but the 30 year old Doyle has seen his best days IMO, his goal return for the last few seasons definitely makes that apparent.

Another gimmer were linked with

30 year old he should be at his peak