Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

He doesn't score many at this level. Simple as that. Greg Halford almost has as many career goals (in more games) as a defender. People say Besty scored loads for Coventry... he didn't. 

At Coventry he scored 17 in 92 league games over 3 seasons. At Newcastle he did ok but was still a bit of a joke player for them upfront

I don't want to slag him off but nothing he's ever produced in his career suggests he's going to score more than 10 for us next season. He hardly ever plays more than 30 games a season. 

That's because it's Newcastle.

Unless its Shearer or some other stellar striker they dont accept them. I thought he did quite well for them considering.

Did they really?

I'd be surprised it they took much of a drop if any at all the reason they were on Loan & not actually signed is because they can get to play football but still keep getting there full wages.

Maybe Swansea wouldnt do that with Lita until Brighton offered to cough up majority of his wages & then Swansea only had to make a little bit up.

I only said Johnson took the pay cut. Wolves refused to pay any wages towards him playing for another club, their stance was if they're paying his wages then he might as well be sat on his arse rather than going anywhere else to play football. It's a very messy business at wolves regarding Johnson and O'Hara

If we signed Best and/or Doyle, they wouldn't be signings which put bums in seats, but it would definitely show that we are progressing. They will strengthen the squad and perhaps a fresh start in a hungry team will revitalise them.

They're an improvement on what we have. 

If we signed Best and/or Doyle, they wouldn't be signings which put bums in seats, but it would definitely show that we are progressing. They will strengthen the squad and perhaps a fresh start in a hungry team will revitalise them.

They're an improvement on what we have.

fair post

Guest Big Guns

The Kevin Doyle of 5 years ago yes but the 30 year old Doyle has seen his best days IMO, his goal return for the last few seasons definitely makes that apparent.

Another gimmer were linked with

Fair play, without ratification who do you suggest we can afford that's better?

Do you think we already have better?

Serious question.

We wouldn't be able to afford him without ratification. As well as Andrews and Johnson.

Westwood and Kirkland both in the same squad without ratification means we won't have much spare wage from the squad we had last season.

30 year old he should be at his peak

Not really, 30 is an average peak, plenty of players peaked much earlier, Owen of course being a prime example but his injuries were more relevant to that.

Do you think we already have better?

Personally I'd say yes we do, for me Maguire is somewhat similar to Doyle and certainly a better player than him now (from the admittedly limited amount I've seen of Doyle in his last couple of years) of course Doyle at his peak for Reading was a hell of a player beyond anything we've seen play for us in years but he's a long way from that standard now.