Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Grant is and always has been a far better keeper than Kirkland!

Ok, S6 keepers last 20 years who I (me not anyone else) think was better than Kirkland.

Carson

Turner

Grant

Pressman

Woods (I suppose some will say he was shuffle because of a few big mistakes as that it was most people remember).

That is just a quick 5 !!!

Chris Turner?  Who last made an appearance for Wednesday 23 years ago.

Or Ian Turner?  Who's done f*ck all else with his career, other than a loan spell at Wednesday for about 15 games.

Guest tha_knows

Kirklands kept Wednesday in so many games, for me he's a must keep. Semedo really looked a vast improvement from the season before, Loovens is a steady defender, them 3 I hope commit to the club. However I'd not bother with Gooch, he made it quite obvious he doesn't want to remain here, fair enough to the guy. Really think we missed a trick not signing Craig Cathcart who's just joined Watford, think him and Loovens would make a good defensive pair.

I think the only one of those that is actual the truth is the kicking one - that has been poor most of the time he has been here.

Rest of them you are talking rubbish.

Good shot stopper but can't get down to low shots? Rubbish.

Stick to FIFA mate.

I'm have to agree with the op about Kirkland. I'm kind of a fan and think he is a good solid championship keeper. However he is flat footed and has poor positioning for free kicks. He doesn't get down quickly for lower shots. The big one for me is command of his area. Too many goals were scored form headers in the 6 heard boz and he should be claiming the crosses or have better positioning to claim them. As I've said I do like him and think he's more than competent at this level, but the floors pointed out are pretty accurate. I was a goalkeeper for about 15 years of my life and played at a high level but constantly had injuries (mainly cruciate) and was forced to stop playing so there's a good chance I know a bit about goalkeeping.

I'm have to agree with the op about Kirkland. I'm kind of a fan and think he is a good solid championship keeper. However he is flat footed and has poor positioning for free kicks. He doesn't get down quickly for lower shots. The big one for me is command of his area. Too many goals were scored form headers in the 6 heard boz and he should be claiming the crosses or have better positioning to claim them. As I've said I do like him and think he's more than competent at this level, but the floors pointed out are pretty accurate. I was a goalkeeper for about 15 years of my life and played at a high level but constantly had injuries (mainly cruciate) and was forced to stop playing so there's a good chance I know a bit about goalkeeping.

to say you think he´s" a good solid championship keeper" and then come out with he,s flat footed,poor positioning at free kicks and balls into the box .doesnt command his area and is slow getting down to low shots beggars belief ........kirky´s a good keeper and all keepers have some flaws but he´s won far far far more games than he´s cost us and i doubt we could get better than him .  

to say you think he´s" a good solid championship keeper" and then come out with he,s flat footed,poor positioning at free kicks and balls into the box .doesnt command his area and is slow getting down to low shots beggars belief ........kirky´s a good keeper and all keepers have some flaws but he´s won far far far more games than he´s cost us and i doubt we could get better than him .

Well it doesn't beggar belief because he has lots of strong points. If he was a brilliant all round keeper he would be playing in the premiership. I also think he's won us more games than he's cost us. It doesn't mean he doesn't have flaws. With better defenders around things like his ability to command his 6 yard box don't stand out as much. He was exposed at the back end of the season and that's when his poor aspects of his game beging to show. Just because he has those poor atteibutes doesn't mean he isn't good. He has great reflexes, he's good at 1 v 1s, good shot stopper for the most part (but what keeper isn't). I could be wrong but I assume there may be quite a few people who know more about goalkeeping than you that will agree with me. Not saying this is you but lots of my friends tend to rate goalkeepers on the brilliant saves they make as they stand out, I tend to see keepers who have good positioning who only have to take 1 step to make the same save and are consistent and make the tough things look easy.

Well, Andy Rhodes really rates him, and he knows a lot more about goalkeeping than you.

FFA what don't some people understand. I think he's a good keeper at this level. He will save us more points than he will cost us and I will be happy if he signs on. However the first person to comment on Kirkland had a valid argument and pointed out his flaws and some people disagreed. I'm just agreeing with the poster who made these points. Doesn't make him a bad keeper or a liability but he does have weaknesses as will the majority of players. It just seemed like the posters opinions were dismissed as rubbish when I feel he hit the nail in the head, but unfortunately to some fans certain players can do no wrong. Same happens with so many discussions. It's one extreme to the other (he's crap/he's amazing) and there is no middle ground.

You agreed with him - he thinks Kirklands rubbish and wouldn't have him back.

If you think he is a good Keeper at this level, then you actually don't agree with what he's saying.

Please tell me you are just trying to wind me up, if so that's cool. If not i don't get it. I said I agreed with his original point about the flaws he pointed out. It doesn't mean he's a bad keeper from my point of view. Wayne then goes on to say he wants a younger better keeper. I didn't day anything about that post, just the one where's Wayne pointed out his flaws and I still agree that Waynetheowl is right in his thinking. I however don't think it justifies getting rid of him as I feel his positives outway his negatives and as I've said before he will save gain more points for us than he loses. Do you understand this now? Dumbed down....agreed with first post about flaws, didn't mention anything about Wayne's future posts and I don't agree with some of what he says

Chris Turner? Who last made an appearance for Wednesday 23 years ago.

Or Ian Turner? Who's done f*ck all else with his career, other than a loan spell at Wednesday for about 15 games.

Chris was an excellent keeper, only his size let him down on a few occasions.

Ian was a great loan signing but hardly heard owt of him since.

Bob Bolder

Martin Hodge

Kevin Pressman

Wish we had these keepers on books at start of their careers.