Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

To be fair, Casillas is 35, and Shay Given must be almost 40. CK is much younger, and I think just had a bad patch at the end of the season.

3/4's of his time with us he has been brilliant - there is no other current Wednesday player of over 2 season service who can say that.

Let's be fair, most of us are banking on there being a press conference (or somat similar) once (if) the ratification goes through with players being introduced at the same time....

I'm starting to get a little concerned that Mammadov doesn't understand the English game (or mentality /attitude etc) as it is different in many aspects to those of our European brothers...

Many business men like to hold onto their cash as long as possible before paying there dues (helps cash flow etc), if any agent suspects the money will be delayed there commitments may also be...

I'm just starting to wonder if Milan has got his cash yet ?

Former Reading midfielder Jobi McAnuff is weighing up options in England and abroad as he mulls over his next move.

“It’s just a matter of looking around really and picking what’s right for you and your family. Whether that’s abroad, at home, up north or in the south, it isn’t that much of an issue for me."

I think just had a bad patch at the end of the season.

3/4's of his time with us he has been brilliant - there is no other current Wednesday player of over 2 season service who can say that.

true enuf...

when you think back to the first 3 months of last season he was heroic, makes you wonder if its somewhere in the middle -

as in, he's still got it, but struggles with a hard long full season - maybe we will get to find out, maybe we wont. if he stays i will be happy, but we need to be looking for our next no'1 even if he does stay, 

Definitely think CK is overrated on here. The way some people talk about him is a bit embarrassing. However for our level he's a decent keeper. Nothing more nothing less.

He's a good Keeper.

Do I think he should be signed regardless of what he wants as wages?

No. If we do get the takeover ratified soon then no doubt we could get a better Keeper than him.

BUT

I'd rather we signed him again and used our new resources in other areas of the team. Other positions are more desperate for us to fill tbh.

Former Reading midfielder Jobi McAnuff is weighing up options in England and abroad as he mulls over his next move.

“It’s just a matter of looking around really and picking what’s right for you and your family. Whether that’s abroad, at home, up north or in the south, it isn’t that much of an issue for me."

He'd be great on a free.

Guest JonTheOwl66

He'd be great on a free.

Nah. The Owlstalk know it alls say his legs have gone and he's past it.

Would be a crap signing. (Sarcasm)

Grant is and always has been a far better keeper than Kirkland!

Ok, S6 keepers last 20 years who I (me not anyone else) think was better than Kirkland.

Carson

Turner

Grant

Pressman

Woods (I suppose some will say he was shuffle because of a few big mistakes as that it was most people remember).

That is just a quick 5 !!!

He's a good Keeper.

Do I think he should be signed regardless of what he wants as wages?

No. If we do get the takeover ratified soon then no doubt we could get a better Keeper than him.

BUT

I'd rather we signed him again and used our new resources in other areas of the team. Other positions are more desperate for us to fill tbh.

As a back up keeper who I would hope played no more than 5 games a season, yes fine.

What flaws would they be?

Positioning from free kicks? Distribution with feet and shot stopping could be better.

He is good at one on ones, crosses and has the experience to organise the defence

I would hope he signs up for another year.

Grant is and always has been a far better keeper than Kirkland!

Ok, S6 keepers last 20 years who I (me not anyone else) think was better than Kirkland.

Carson - ok

Turner - never

Grant - how you can think Kirkland is bad at commanding his box but try to clain Grant is the better Keeper is beyond me.

Pressman - ok

Woods (I suppose some will say he was shuffle because of a few big mistakes as that it was most people remember) - ok.

That is just a quick 5 !!!

3 agree with, 1 debatable (Grant, but still think you are in idiot if your criticism of Kirkland is EXACTLY the same type of thing Grant was even worse than Kirkland at) and 1 complete horseshit (Turner)

3 agree with, 1 debatable (Grant, but still think you are in idiot if your criticism of Kirkland is EXACTLY the same type of thing Grant was even worse than Kirkland at) and 1 complete horseshit (Turner)

So call it 4 out of 5 better keepers off the top of my head in last 20 years, I'll settle for that.

And Grant is nowhere near as bad as CK in those attributes.

Just wondered if you ever watched Turner?

So call it 4 out of 5 better keepers off the top of my head in last 20 years, I'll settle for that.

And Grant is nowhere near as bad as CK in those attributes.

Just wondered if you ever watched Turner?

Every home game, and about half  the away games. he had some good games while he was with us, but Kirkland has had WAY more good games playing for us than Turner did.

So, if you call it 4 out of 5, thats means Kirkland is the 5th best in last 20 years then?

Or do you rate someone else better than him?

Every home game, and about half  the away games. he had some good games while he was with us, but Kirkland has had WAY more good games playing for us than Turner did.

So, if you call it 4 out of 5, thats means Kirkland is the 5th best in last 20 years then?

Or do you rate someone else better than him?

Brad Jones, Ola Tidman, Lee Bullen, or am I just clutching at straws there? I named my 5 keepers its just you didn't agree on one of them. The others you appeared to do so. I'll leave it at that.

Kirkland has probably had way more good games than Turner did because he has played way more than he did for us. Kirkland has not had any competition in all reality whilst he has been here, if he had, his game might have been better.