Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Andy King is a good player but again if he was available we would face huge competition, whatever we offer others will probably double it.

IMO we wouldn't get him if he was available.

Andy King is a good player but again if he was available we would face huge competition, whatever we offer others will probably double it.

IMO we wouldn't get him if he was available.

You're probably right, every club in this league would love an Andy King and his 10 goals from midfield. I'd like Gardner to sign for us, Villa had high hopes for him but injuries set him back a bit. Got one hell of a shot on him, scored some belters for Coventry while on loan with them at this level. 

Guest Sheff Owl

You're probably right, every club in this league would love an Andy King and his 10 goals from midfield. I'd like Gardner to sign for us, Villa had high hopes for him but injuries set him back a bit. Got one hell of a shot on him, scored some belters for Coventry while on loan with them at this level. 

That's why we have to be clever and although we will probably struggle to attract Andy King, there is a player i have mentioned in another thread yesterday and that's Franck Moussa, 14 goals from midfield, he's a free agent, will attract other Championship clubs but won't be as high profile as a Andy King.

Guest CageFightingOwl

Sam Hutchinson would be good.

We would probably need another one though because of his fitness.

I only see Semedo and Lee as first team players.

Coke, Corry and McCabe arent/shouldnt be here.

So does SG, thats why he brought in Hutch and Gardner.

Guest Sheff Owl

Craig Westcarr released at Walsall, linked with Bolton.

Jonathan Grounds released at Oldham, was in talks with Blackburn, now set to join Birmingham.

Darren Ambrose, Wade Elliott, Peter Lovenkrands, Hayden Mullins, Brian Howard and Aaron Martin - released Birmingham.

Guest wilyfox

Was I the only one who thought Gary Gardner offered sod all then? Westcarr is lower league - and should stay lower league. The championship would make him look very ordinary indeed.

Craig Westcarr released at Walsall, linked with Bolton.

Jonathan Grounds released at Oldham, was in talks with Blackburn, now set to join Birmingham.

Darren Ambrose, Wade Elliott, Peter Lovenkrands, Hayden Mullins, Brian Howard and Aaron Martin - released Birmingham.

If Lovenkrands has got a couple of years left in him then definitely. Don't know if he has though. Big wages too.

Was I the only one who thought Gary Gardner offered sod all then? Westcarr is lower league - and should stay lower league. The championship would make him look very ordinary indeed.

Gardner wasn't fully fit apparently, just like a lot of loanees we tend to get in. We have to give them a few games to get their match fitness up. Remember Wickham last season when he wasn't fit? Totally different player for us this season. Same with Leon Best when he came, took ages to find his feet. Still think he's a bit lazy though. I don't think Gardner was here for long enough to get his levels up. I know a Villa fan who spoke highly of him and asked me how he did for us.

Although it's fair to say, we didn't see it, Gardner is thought of as a major talent. I'd like to see him come back, although it would probably mean taking the plunge, and trying to sign him full time. I suppose it depends on how Gray sees us setting up. If it's with 2 wide players flanking a pair of strikers, then there isn't really room for a player like Gardner. With one up, and three in midfield, then his goals from midfield would be useful. By all accounts, Newton plays a similar role, as a goalscoring box to box midfielder. It will be interesting to see how we set up next season

Guest Fedor

I agree, I think Gray wants to go down the 5 man midfield or 4-2-3-1 route looking at how he lined us up at times. It's a shame a lot of our fans can't look past the 4-4-2 because in all honesty the 4-4-2 is becoming outdated and against a team with 5 in the middle will get dominated.

It's funny how some of our best performances this season came when we played the outdated 4-4-2.

We have to be versatile and be able to play several systems.

4-4-2 still has its uses especially at home. Shame some of our fans can't see this.