Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Guest CageFightingOwl

Keogh is rubbish.

Lita is past it.

God help us if these are the sort of strikers we are looking at. The problem is it probably is an another season of mediocrity awaits us

You werent happy with the loan of Leroy the first time were you, kept us up didnt he.

If you are expecting better then you are living in a dream world.

Seen as Guy Moussi is a free agent, just been released by Forest.

Them sites are truly awful.

ha

Didn't know that and yes, I agree with you most are utter dross

Edited by B58

You werent happy with the loan of Leroy the first time were you, kept us up didnt he.

If you are expecting better then you are living in a dream world.

Is it wrong for me to expect more? Sick of signing the same old average poo every pre season. Lita did alright for us in his loan spell but didn't pull up any trees.

Guest Fedor

I was a big fan of Lita for us. But has he got the appetite for the game anymore? Think he's earnt his money and not too bothered about playing anymore.

Would love to see us sign Andy King, Gary Gardner or maybe Darren Ambrose to add some goals from midfield.

I don't disagree that a goalscorer in midfield would be a useful addition to the squad, and I'd probably take any of those you've mentioned. However, if we signed, certainly Gardner or King, we'd have to accommodate them in a three man midfield. That's something I could run with, but most on here wouldn't.

Don't really understand this, doesn't Maguire fill this role for us? Double figures from midfield, and our primary creative talent.

Completely agree , expecting Gray to show his faith in Maguire next year he could be massive for us ,if he can take his form into next season your looking at 15/18 goals

Then you would expect a fit Antonio to be capable of double figures aswell , and hopefully Keiran Lee can add goals to his game

Guest CageFightingOwl

Id say we need the opposite in midfield.

Obviously goals every where are good but not a must.

If we are thinking getting a central midfielder who can get goals then they become unemployed in a 4-4-2.

Very useful if we play with 3 but not in a pair.

Id like us to get another Semedo, which will allow Kieran Lee to do his thing.

Lee for me is our key player.

Also Maguire can come central if needed, i think he would be perfect for that role, we just havent seen him in it.

Id say we need the opposite in midfield.

Obviously goals every where are good but not a must.

If we are thinking getting a central midfielder who can get goals then they become unemployed in a 4-4-2.

Very useful if we play with 3 but not in a pair.

Id like us to get another Semedo, which will allow Kieran Lee to do his thing.

Lee for me is our key player.

Also Maguire can come central if needed, i think he would be perfect for that role, we just havent seen him in it.

Guy Moussi could be worth a look

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

It's not a rumour but I wonder whether Andy King would be available from Leicester? It's not a name I've seen banded around anywhere!

You just mentioned a player maybe being available with absolutely no basis whatsoever. Seems like a legit rumour to me.

I don't disagree that a goalscorer in midfield would be a useful addition to the squad, and I'd probably take any of those you've mentioned. However, if we signed, certainly Gardner or King, we'd have to accommodate them in a three man midfield. That's something I could run with, but most on here wouldn't.

I agree, I think Gray wants to go down the 5 man midfield or 4-2-3-1 route looking at how he lined us up at times. It's a shame a lot of our fans can't look past the 4-4-2 because in all honesty the 4-4-2 is becoming outdated and against a team with 5 in the middle will get dominated. 

I agree, I think Gray wants to go down the 5 man midfield or 4-2-3-1 route looking at how he lined us up at times. It's a shame a lot of our fans can't look past the 4-4-2 because in all honesty the 4-4-2 is becoming outdated and against a team with 5 in the middle will get dominated.

And that's a situation made worse when we play 442 with out and out wingers. To play that system effectively, you need disciplined wingers who are prepared to tuck in when needed, allowing the full backs to provide the width.

Guest Sheff Owl

Andy King is a good player but again if he was available we would face huge competition, whatever we offer others will probably double it.

IMO we wouldn't get him if he was available.

And that's a situation made worse when we play 442 with out and out wingers. To play that system effectively, you need disciplined wingers who are prepared to tuck in when needed, allowing the full backs to provide the width.

If we are going to be playing 4-4-2 then it makes you wonder what we're going to do with Antonio, on his day our best player but has struggled in the 4-4-2 at times and left his full back exposed. Definitely going to be an interesting summer.