Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Guest JonTheOwl66

L**ds had McCormack and Wickham and were absolutely toilet.

But they also didn't have a decent team behind them.

If Mandaric really is going for it next season then I'd expect to see two permanent strikers on par with Fryatt and Macheda like many have said alreay on here. I don't think we'll get that. It'll be Nuhiu and Lavery and Maguire with a panic loan as always. 

I'm very much cynical Sam at the moment. 

Guest wilyfox

We won't go up until we spend some decent dollar on good strikers.

Fact.

On wages, yes. On fees, no.

Doesn't the club have to offer at least the same terms on a renewal in order to receive compensation if it is rejected?

And given he's probably between £15-20k a week, if Man Utd offer him that, he'll probably rip their hands off!

Hardly played there during his 6yrs at United - and no likelihood of doing so in the future. He has been outspoken with criticism during his time there as well. Rip there hands off? I doubt it!

The spine of the side need to be our players A centre back partner for Loovens, a centre midfield partner for Lee and the best two strikers we can find. Elsewhere we're covered, but if we need to upgrade, we can use the loan system.

Guest JonTheOwl66

They spent 'decent dollar' on that team,

churning out a £17.8m wage bill.

Yeah but I'm only talking about strikers. Nothing to do with them spending decent dollar on other players.

Fryatt, Gary Gardner, Anthony Pilkington, Matthew Etherington, Matt Taylor, Lita, Don Cowie (been offered a new two year deal but wants first team football), Chris Eagles, Andre Moritz, Sean St. Ledger, Chris Burke, Jobi McAnuff, Simeon Jackson, Chris Basham, Keith Treacy, Junior Stanislas, Elliot Grandin

That's just a bit of searching for out of contract players lol

Obviously got to be looking at Fryatt as a certain target

Players like Pilkington (if he doesn't get re-signed) would provide the extra quality required to be a top team in this division

Gary Gardner, St. Ledger, Moritz, Burke, McAnuff, Simeon Jackson could all be realistic targets that would improve us imo

Fryatt, Gary Gardner, Anthony Pilkington, Matthew Etherington, Matt Taylor, Lita, Don Cowie (been offered a new two year deal but wants first team football), Chris Eagles, Andre Moritz, Sean St. Ledger, Chris Burke, Jobi McAnuff, Simeon Jackson, Chris Basham, Keith Treacy, Junior Stanislas, Elliot Grandin

That's just a bit of searching for out of contract players lol

Obviously got to be looking at Fryatt as a certain target

Players like Pilkington (if he doesn't get re-signed) would provide the extra quality required to be a top team in this division

Gary Gardner, St. Ledger, Moritz, Burke, McAnuff, Simeon Jackson could all be realistic targets that would improve us imo

Cowie, Treacy/Burke and Fryatt (realistically) off that list, please.

After seeing the improvement we have in our own players since Gray took charge, I am pretty confident that whoever is brought in will be right for the dressing room and Gray will make sure they are giving 100%.

He certainly has a knack for getting the best out of the players he has so I have no clue who we will look to bring in but i'm looking forward to next season with a cautious optimism. Top 12 finish would be progress for me and i'd be happy with that.