Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Tbh I think it's not who we get now but who we get after Grey goes. I have a feeling Grey will be given little and expect miricles. Not fair on him. Then they will get their man in and back him more. Not saying it should happen but how much money will they give an unproven manager they are being advised by Mandy to give a chance.

Tbh I think it's not who we get now but who we get after Grey goes. I have a feeling Grey will be given little and expect miricles. Not fair on him. Then they will get their man in and back him more. Not saying it should happen but how much money will they give an unproven manager they are being advised by Mandy to give a chance.

The most ridiculous policy ever would be to set Gray uop to fail

if the new regime don't want him then fair enough - it's football (shyte as it is but thats reality) - so replace him

But don't set him up as a fall guy - either back him or sack him - but don't play games with a decent and honest guy

I agree but with the reaction after sacking Meggy I think this is their plan. Plus all along the plan has been go forward with least expenditure possible. Give Grey a bit more and see what he does but if they think it will take propose money they will sack him and get in their own man. The signings we make will give us a clue, slightly better than we have been signing or competative with top end teams in championship.

Edited by ashley8

if the new regime don't want him then fair enough - it's football (shyte as it is but thats reality) - so replace him

But don't set him up as a fall guy - either back him or sack him - but don't play games with a decent and honest guy

Correct, it would be a complete waste of resources.  Call me daft if you want, but I can't see HM operating like that.

Edited by Sham67

I agree but with the reaction after sacking Meggy I think this is their plan. Plus all along the plan has been go forward with least expenditure possible. Give Grey a bit more and see what he does but if they think it will take propose money they will sack him and get in their own man. The signings we make will give us a clue, slightly better than we have been signing or competative with top end teams in championship.

What a load of ballcocks.

Not to mention that you might as well flush buckets of cash down the bog as do that. Silly idea.

Sunday rag The People confirming rumours that Wednesday are in for both Andy Johnson and Keith Andrews

Says ready to nick Andrews away from rivals Huddersfield by offering the 33 year old a 2 year deal

Regards 33 year old Johnson, apparently he has a choice of accepting a £300k offer to go and play in the Indian Premier league for 3 months work, or sign for Wednesday, who the Azerbaijani ownership see as a 'marquee' signing

Sunday rag The People confirming rumours that Wednesday are in for both Andy Johnson and Keith Andrews

Says ready to nick Andrews away from rivals Huddersfield by offering the 33 year old a 2 year deal

Regards 33 year old Johnson, apparently he has a choice of accepting a £300k offer to go and play in the Indian Premier league for 3 months work, or sign for Wednesday, who the Azerbaijani ownership see as a 'marquee' signing

Great !!!

Both those moves fly in the face of what Gray says about wanting to bring down the average age of the squad, unless he's planning to also sign a couple of twelve year olds

I'm not sure that the Azerbaijani ownership would know who Andy Johnson is, to be honest. According to the French journalists Mammadov doesn't really get involved in things like recruitment.

Never knew AJ was that good at cricket to be honest.

Guest wilyfox

Both those moves fly in the face of what Gray says about wanting to bring down the average age of the squad, unless he's planning to also sign a couple of twelve year olds

Exactly, and that's why I can't see it. Strikes me that Gray loves working with younger players he can improve. James and Hutchinson fit the bill, AJ and Andrews are in their twilight. Andrews has a good engine, but AJ won't manage 40+ games.

Guest wilyfox

With no Semedo, Kirkland, Loovens and Gooch, I'd say our squad is relatively young as it is.

But we will re-sign some if not all.