Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

I suppose it's Wilson's age and promise, rather than what he's actually achieved, that convinced those clubs to bid over £3 million. In fairness, were we in a position to spend that sort of money, he was a striker I'd have fancied. Quick and mobile with a rocket shot, he'd have been the perfect foil for someone like Nuhiu. It will be interesting to see, if we do indeed have resources to compete, whether we can find better. None of the realistic targets suggested on here compare to this lad

Yep it's the only reason why Liverpool threw £35m on Andy Carroll. Age crossed with potential crossed with 'he's English'. Its outrageous. The likes of Carroll would go for a few million if he was foreign and if Wilson was foreign I bet he wouldn't even fetch a million. Outrageous.

I suppose it's Wilson's age and promise, rather than what he's actually achieved, that convinced those clubs to bid over £3 million. In fairness, were we in a position to spend that sort of money, he was a striker I'd have fancied. Quick and mobile with a rocket shot, he'd have been the perfect foil for someone like Nuhiu. It will be interesting to see, if we do indeed have resources to compete, whether we can find better. None of the realistic targets suggested on here compare to this lad

Britt Assombalonga and Scott Hogan are both the same age and with similar potential. Scott Hogan would probably cost less I'd imagine but he'd be a cracking signing. Sam Baldock is another whose been firing them in at that level, albeit he's a couple of years older and more experienced, he'd probably be more realistic a target and would probably cost less than Wilson and Assombalonga? There are others too at that level as well as decent free's and potential loanee's.

The fact he plays for a local rival appears to bother you more than most. He looks a good player with a sweet left peg - and he's been in the champ before at Derby.

He played for Derby 20 times then went Torquay / Rotherham. Hardley a ringing endorsment of his abilities.

Playing for a rival doesnt bother me. I do think hes only being mentioned as hes playing for a team not far away.

We must aim higher to progress imo.

Has anyone mentioned Nick Proschwitz?

2.6m Hull City striker, being allowed to leave on a free. Scored 4 in 14 for Barnsley. Looked good against us last season, after DJ Dench got sent off.

Edited by bigash_swfc

Has anyone mentioned Nick Proschwitz?

2.6m Hull City striker, being allowed to leave on a free. Scored 4 in 14 for Barnsley. Looked good against us last season, after DJ Dench got sent off.

dale jennings anyone? 

We might as well pack it all in and apply to join League One now.

Yep it's the only reason why Liverpool threw £35m on Andy Carroll. Age crossed with potential crossed with 'he's English'. Its outrageous. The likes of Carroll would go for a few million if he was foreign and if Wilson was foreign I bet he wouldn't even fetch a million. Outrageous.

Which is the exact reason the premier league and possibly the championship is littered with foreign players

Britt Assombalonga and Scott Hogan are both the same age and with similar potential. Scott Hogan would probably cost less I'd imagine but he'd be a cracking signing. Sam Baldock is another whose been firing them in at that level, albeit he's a couple of years older and more experienced, he'd probably be more realistic a target and would probably cost less than Wilson and Assombalonga? There are others too at that level as well as decent free's and potential loanee's.

Yes I liked the look of Hogan when I saw him on TV. He seems technically better than Assomsalonga, who has the pace. Both know where the goal is. However, I do think Wilson is the more complete player, as he has both attributes, and therefore, probably the most likely to succeed at a higher level. Not too displeased at our reported interest in young Luke James, a player similar in style to ex Crewe midfielder/striker Powell

Guest wilyfox

SkyBet

Middlesbrough are in talks to sign Sunderland striker Danny Graham on a permanent deal. #boro #safc

SkyBet

Middlesbrough are in talks to sign Sunderland striker Danny Graham on a permanent deal. #boro #safc

I think Graham would fit in well here with his style of play. What a shiite club Middlesborough are as well by the way. píss poor crowds, horrible ground in a horrible location.