Two thousand and sixty six tickets for Ipswich. Under 16s a £1

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Can't go. Playing cricket. Have negged myself appropriately. 

Will be watching cricket myself, but never ever, ever, ever, untill after the final whistle of the final game of the football season

Off on hols same day....

Here's fans ground guide for anyone who's not been before.......

What Is It Like For Visiting Supporters? Away fans are placed on one side of the upper tier of the Cobbold Stand at one side of the pitch, where up to 1,900 away supporters can be accommodated. Although the views from this area are generally not too bad (unless you are at the very back of the stand where there are some supporting pillars), the leg room is rather cramped and as with the rest of the stand the facilities are beginning to show their age. On the plus side, away fans can really make some noise from this area, contributing to a good atmosphere. Stewarding was fairly strict, with fans at the front of the upper tier, were being asked to keep seated (whilst those at the back were allowed to stand) and on my last visit a few fans were ejected for smoking (okay they should known better, but a warning first would have been more fair in my book). Food on offer inside the ground include; Rollover Hot Dogs (£3.30), Various Pies & Pasties (£2.80), including the tasty Portman Steak & Ale Pie (£3.50) and Jumbo Sausage Rolls (£2.80). They also offer a Pie & Pint/Drink deal.' The stand also has one of the poshest gents toilets that I have visited at a football ground (this was one of the two toilet blocks on the upper concourse). They wouldn’t have looked out of place at a hotel.  

I have always found this to be a friendly place and pleasurable day out, even though I've never seen my team win there! I even on one occasion got accosted by some Ipswich fans, whilst coming out of the railway station and ended up accompanying them on a pub crawl before the game. Overall Portman Road is a good day out.
  Edited by bradowl

Guest intercity0wl

With it being an early kick off, and bank holiday, why not make a weekend of it

Sorted, and an Early KO  made us extend it into a three night stay instead of Two

2x £31 tickets purchased today.

Not letting my bloody father tick the expensive box when we renew our away season tickets next season.

Staying in Norwich on the Friday and Saturday night. We'll be in an Ipswich pub around 9am.