Out of contract players

I imagine Jermaine defoe henry Robbie keane etc etc didn't go for free. not saying gooch is in their league but most clubs in the mls will be able to pay a lot more than we can offer

They can, but they won't for him. MLS has a wage cap, about $4 million per team. They spend the big money on attacking players like those you mentioned, not defenders.

Kirkland- 2 year deal

Loovens- 2 year deal

Onyewu- 2 year deal (unlikely)

Semedo- 2 year deal

Release-

Llera- Need better but be sad to see him go.

Taylor- Move not worked out for him

Reda- love him but manages 10 games a season

Gardner- Can't see him recovering and will be on a wedge.

Prutton- Would look elsewhere.

JJ- Good servant but times up.

Davies- Young keepers coming through

Loan players-

Martinez- Try and get him back.

Hutchinson- 1 year deal with option for 2nd

Afobe- Potential in him, bring him back.

Best- Love him back but wages too high.

Mayor- Good season at Bury, give him JJ's slot.

McCabe- Evaluate in Pre-season, maybe another loan move.

Cam Dawson- Another loan deal

Guest Jack52

Im sure i read somewhere he is out of contract in the summer ,so a free agent. 

S36,

This is part  of my post in the recent matchday thread titled "Hutch". This thread specifically deals with Sam Hutchinson.

"Jack52, on 16 Mar 2014 - 11:40, said:

Fitness very much is the issue with this young player. That's why Sam Hutchinson was only offered the unusual18 month contract at Chelsea. That contract ends on virtually the last day of this season.

The clever contract going forward from this May would be a 1 year deal, with a built-in clause extending it if fitness proved not to be a problem. Wednesday's board level contracts expert (Paul Aldridge) may well have negotiated such a deal already. If he has, he's given nothing away. Thank goodness.

Given his injury prone past (it was only 3 and a bit years ago that he retired on ill-health grounds), plus his limited playing experience, it's unlikely Hutchinson will be able to attract big money. Either transfer fee or wages.

Hutchinson will be seen as a risk by any club. My best guess is that a club such as Wednesday might get his services from 1st May, but it needs to be on a cute contract. If he stays fit, he'll be a great signing: a free. I think a hurdle might be that the player is very much London based, not that this is always a problem."

Guest Jack52

Except we can't just release Coke without it costing us, because some bright spark thought it would be a good idea to give him a 2 year contract last summer.

Mangers like squads because they give options.

Giles Coke is a classic squad player at S6. In that role, he's performed OK for Wednesday. Both this season's managers have played him. He'll never set the heart racing, but he tends to put a shift in and that's why he's a useful squad member. Giles Coke will still be in Wednesday's squad next season unless the Owls sign a clutch of top players .

Bright spark? Wednesday got Coke without paying a transfer fee, which is hardly poor business. And 2 years deals are not long. Ask Leon Best. Or Chris Maguire or Jeremy Helan. Just as important is how much the contract pays per week. I doubt Coke is on big wages.

I suspect Wednesday signed a sensible contract with Giles Coke and one that hardly breaks the bank. I'd say Wednesday have had value for money with Coke.

Let's hope we get value for money with Lionel Messi, who'll be chomping at the bit to get to the blue & white wizards in time for next season. His agent told me that he's hoping that Rothrum get promoted so that 'Andy' (it's his middle name) can play in this derby. Been his ambition since he was a teenager, it seems. Things you learn, eh? Apparently, Wednesday/Rotherham derbies are a big deal in Argentina where Messi grew up. Something to do with an Millers old boy called Pete  (Ian?) Newell emigrating there in the 1920's, getting a coaching role in Santa Fe, and, hey, the rest is history. Best hope the Millers go up.