Out of contract players

Guest Sheff Owl

The ONLY people that should be offered new deals are

Loovens

Onyewu

Kirkland

Semedo

As for Reda and Gardner it all depends on fitness for me, if they can prove fitness then i wouldn't say no.

JJ has had his time now, need to move on, i don't think Gray really fancies him.

People like Coke and Zaytte in contract need to be moved on.

The back up players might be cheap on wages but they ain't good enough.

Who I wouldn't re-sign:-

Llera       Smashing bloke but limited ability and not getting any younger

Taylor     2 year long mistake

Gardner  I think he's had it.

Reda      Again what a guy, but you can't employ someone who can only play 10 games a season

JJ.          Although this is a heart breaker  :wacko: The only guy that's had us off our seats for years.

Id release JJ , Llera and Prutton and try and offload the other deadwood like Taylor , Zayette and Coke who are eating up valuable wages.

You wouldn't have to try hard to get rid of Taylor because HES OUT OF CONTRACT this summer, read the thread FFS.

MARTIN TAYLOR IS OUT OF CONTRACT!!

I repeat

MARTIN TAYLOR IS OUT OF CONTRACT!!

i appreciate the sentiment, but, with Maghoma & Antonio out Gray hasn't turned to JJ outwide; he's used Helan, Maguire, Palmer, Lavery...just about anyone else. If a player of JJ's quality and experience can't contribute and make an impact, there's little point in retaining his services. As for Mayor...who knows?! Still has it all to prove at this point.

I don't think I'm fussed either way with JJ.

If he stays it's just another hand on deck, and if he goes then fine as well.

Didn't even realise he was 34 in June. I think I remember hearing him say that once we decide he's no longer good enough he'll call it a day and head back to Jamaica.

Alright for some....

Guest wilyfox

I think I remember hearing him say that once we decide he's no longer good enough he'll call it a day and head back to Jamaica.

..then take up track & field, and beat Bolt.

Kirkland, loovens, reda, semedo, hutchinson - keep.

No ideas on the youth lads.

Gooch I doubt we will be able to afford, same with best and martinez - who I dont rate anyway.

Id also like us to move on zayette, coke, mayor and madine.

But its a hell of a rebuild job for the summer that.

Kirkland, Gooch and Loovens are KEY and if we can only get 2 of the 3 it will still be amazing!

Semi and if possible by freeing up the wages I'd take a 1 year punt on Hutch

I'd love to keep Prutton in some capacity he seems like the kinda guy that is good to have around to help younger players and the club out but woth coke on a longer contract I can't see it

Fond farewells to Llera and the Gardfather

As for Reda and JJ who knows they both ooze passion and love for the club but is that enough? Time will tell....

Dev squad players I don't know much about but I've heard that McKenzie, Diseruvwe, Lambin and Fenwick are good prospects

The rest can bugger off and let us have some money!

Not surprising but Prutton pretty much said on the Sky Sports Football League podcast, that he expects to be gone in the summer.

We need to resign, Kirkland, Loovens and Onyewu. I'm unsure about Reda and JJ. The rest can go and I'd look to give Coke a free transfer, if anyone wants him.

No room for sentiment anymore - ship out JJ, Prutton, Taylor, Gardner (unless can prove his fitness) and Llera

Transfer list Coke - simply not up to the job at this level

give Zayatte a chance to prove himself under Gray or ship him out as well

the same goes for the likes of Corry and McCabe - prove yourself, or ply your trade elsewhere

we need to be pushing the boat out for Kirkland, Loovens and Gooch to stay and to resign Semedo for another year or 2

then a big push for some quality signings in the summer!

Guest markowl123

“@AlanBiggs1: I hear #swfc are in process of opening talks with Chris Kirkland & Glenn Loovens on new deals. Club following up on Lavery/Palmer contracts.”

It's times like these when i'm glad that our upturn in form and fortunes has just about slid under the footballing media radar.

I think many amongst the press and in the game itself perceive us to be hugely unglamorous and incredibly uninteresting as a club. A word many other fans seem to use in describing us after we've beaten them is "jammy". 

I honestly think this perception will help us keep most of our key players for now.