Floro

Betra

McKenzie

Dieseruvwe

Hinchcliffe

Fenwick

Obileye

Lambin

All of the above's contracts run out come the end of the season..that's....a lot, even if you take the youth players out that's still 10 players who could be gone. And we don't have the biggest of squads as it is.

Then we've got Martinez, Afobe, Best, Hutchinson and Savic who's loan deals run out.

I'd give Semi a new one as he's out and give Hutch one. Those three above are a must rest can go including Reda.

Buxton, Lee and Mattock still have a year but I would look to tie them down.

Then we need to sharpen up our attact, 2 new strikers (please Wickham) left winger attacking midfielder.

Then a backup center back with some young legs maybe on loan.

I'd like to keep Reda but his injury record isn't good. Llera, Taylor, Coke and JJ would go for me. Prutton i would keep as he's not as old as some think and has a coaching head on him which could prove useful.

Hopefully we will get bought in the summer by peoople with serious ambitions and honourable intentions. Don't want the likes of the Venky's, Cellino, Yeung,GFH or any other un fit and proper W***ers

Guest wilyfox

Kirkland

Gooch

Loovens

Llera

Gardner

Reda

Coke

Prutton

JJ

Davies

Floro

Betra

McKenzie

Dieseruvwe

Hinchcliffe

Fenwick

Obileye

Lambin

All of the above's contracts run out come the end of the season..that's....a lot, even if you take the youth players out that's still 10 players who could be gone. And we don't have the biggest of squads as it is.

Then we've got Martinez, Afobe, Best, Hutchinson and Savic who's loan deals run out.

not out of contract

As above. We know which div we will be in next year. Secured Lavery and Palmer early, good move.

If ever there was a time for MM to splash the cash, it is now.

I suspect we will all lose personal favourites but that's how it is.

I'd send Llera and Coke on their merry way, both just aren't good enough.

Coke will find a good career in league one, playing consistently.

Dunno where Llera will end up, someone will take him.

I'd love to give Prutton a deal as player/coach. It's up to him though, maybe he still feels like he can play at a good level.

I'd also extend JJ's by a year.

Sign Loovens, Semedo & Kirkland up on two year contracts each. I'd love to do the same with Gooch but I can't see it happening, he'll go onto bigger & better things.

I'm also inclined to release Gardner. Knowing a bit about injuries I just don't think that Gardner is at an age where he can fully recover from his second achilles injury & play at Championship level. 

Extend Reda's by a year, see how he goes.

Release Davies. With Dawson & Wildsmith coming up through the ranks do we need Davies? I can see us signing Martinez in the summer...

He may go the same way as O'Donnell has, he's a fans favourite at Walsall.

Haven't got a clue about the youth players.

Why do people tend to forget Taylor when they make out of contract lists?

When I think of the term 'out of contract' I immediately think of players we can get rid of, and when I think of players that aren't good enough/injury prone to get rid of then Taylor is right at the top of my list. He's done nothing in his time with us.

not out of contract

I stand corrected.

I wish he was out of contract though...for both our sakes and his sake. Can't see a club paying for him & really don't think he's good enough for a championship team who want to push upwards. He'd be good for any league one side, maybe loan him out.

We terminated Lines' contract didn't we? Maybe MM will do the same with Coke

Guest wilyfox

I'd send Llera and Coke on their merry way, both just aren't good enough.

Coke will find a good career in league one, playing consistently.

Dunno where Llera will end up, someone will take him.

I'd love to give Prutton a deal as player/coach. It's up to him though, maybe he still feels like he can play at a good level.

I'd also extend JJ's by a year.

Sign Loovens, Semedo & Kirkland up on two year contracts each. I'd love to do the same with Gooch but I can't see it happening, he'll go onto bigger & better things.

I'm also inclined to release Gardner. Knowing a bit about injuries I just don't think that Gardner is at an age where he can fully recover from his second achilles injury & play at Championship level. 

Extend Reda's by a year, see how he goes.

Release Davies. With Dawson & Wildsmith coming up through the ranks do we need Davies? I can see us signing Martinez in the summer...

He may go the same way as O'Donnell has, he's a fans favourite at Walsall.

Haven't got a clue about the youth players.

hasn't done nearly enough - and this year he's not had the injuries to excuse himself. It's high time we signed a winger who can ping in good consistent deliveries anyway. When was the last time one of our CFs headed a goal...? We're not producing enough of that type of service.

hasn't done nearly enough - and this year he's not had the injuries to excuse himself. It's high time we signed a winger who can ping in good consistent deliveries anyway. When was the last time one of our CFs headed a goal...? We're not producing enough of that type of service.

This is all true, and if we had the money I'd say...yeah...move JJ on.

But with a squad as small as ours any player you release you have to replace with better, or younger, options.

That costs £££££ and I'd rather spend our little money on a striker.

JJ also won't have high wages, wouldn't be after a wage increase and you need squad players to fill the team.

A person though who could affect whether JJ stays is young Danny Mayor. People forget we've got him, and apparently he's a nice little winger who can whip in a cross. If he's part of Gray's plans then we've probably got more than enough wingers without JJ...

Shame to see him go like.

It's a big opportunity this summer,

Release the likes of JJ, Coke, Llera, Prutton, Reda, Gardner, Taylor etc and you've freed up plenty of wages that have previously been spent on players who either aren't good enough, or can never actually get on the field to play ( or both )

Really hoping we finally show some genuine intent to progress this year, nothing drastic, just sensible use of the resources we have

It's a big opportunity this summer,

Release the likes of JJ, Coke, Llera, Prutton, Reda, Gardner, Taylor etc and you've freed up plenty of wages that have previously been spent on players who either aren't good enough, or can never actually get on the field to play ( or both )

Really hoping we finally show some genuine intent to progress this year, nothing drastic, just sensible use of the resources we have

Except we can't just release Coke without it costing us, because some bright spark thought it would be a good idea to give him a 2 year contract last summer.

Guest wilyfox

This is all true, and if we had the money I'd say...yeah...move JJ on.

But with a squad as small as ours any player you release you have to replace with better, or younger, options.

That costs £££££ and I'd rather spend our little money on a striker.

JJ also won't have high wages, wouldn't be after a wage increase and you need squad players to fill the team.

A person though who could affect whether JJ stays is young Danny Mayor. People forget we've got him, and apparently he's a nice little winger who can whip in a cross. If he's part of Gray's plans then we've probably got more than enough wingers without JJ...

Shame to see him go like.

i appreciate the sentiment, but, with Maghoma & Antonio out Gray hasn't turned to JJ outwide; he's used Helan, Maguire, Palmer, Lavery...just about anyone else. If a player of JJ's quality and experience can't contribute and make an impact, there's little point in retaining his services. As for Mayor...who knows?! Still has it all to prove at this point.

Obviously the priority is to try and tie down Kirkland , Loovens and Gooch on new contracts ,and seeing as we now know which division we will be in next season the club can now get to work on

securing these three . Id also offer semedo a new contract ASAP and try and extend Lee`s contract. 

Id release JJ , Llera and Prutton and try and offload the other deadwood like Taylor , Zayette and Coke who are eating up valuable wages .some of which we could use to try and sign Hutch on a permanent deal .