U21s vs Sheffield United, Shirecliffe, 1pm

Guest intercity0wl

'Bobbed up' for the first half. Not really many bright points for the Owls. Its the first time i've seen them play. McKenzie looks decent at the back. Our 2 full backs looked well out of their depth. Prutton and Deji in the middle of the park couldn't get their foot on the ball and play. The two wide lads were starved of the ball. And dont even get me started on Gary Madine. Although one thing i will say, its good to know he's back to the level he was at before he went to prison.... Woeful 

Made My day :biggrin:

Lost 4-0, pretty dyer but did play some decent football towards the end. 

Don't quite understand how Madine could be judged on his performance, especially after the first half, since our plan was 'get the balled lumped up to Gaz'. Won a few headers and free-kicks for us, but there was no-one supporting him in the first, and a good save from the keeper stopped him from getting on the scoresheet from a corner in the second.

Full backs were woeful, Prutton and Oshilaja couldn't get in the game, wingers were quiet, number 10 Luke somethingorother was quite good but struck me as a bit of a luxury player, and McKenzie at the back looked half decent despite us conceding 4...

Lost 4-0, pretty dyer but did play some decent football towards the end. 

Don't quite understand how Madine could be judged on his performance, especially after the first half, since our plan was 'get the balled lumped up to Gaz'. Won a few headers and free-kicks for us, but there was no-one supporting him in the first, and a good save from the keeper stopped him from getting on the scoresheet from a corner in the second.

Full backs were woeful, Prutton and Oshilaja couldn't get in the game, wingers were quiet, number 10 Luke somethingorother was quite good but struck me as a bit of a luxury player, and McKenzie at the back looked half decent despite us conceding 4...

Come on!!! No presence, no showing for the ball, no effort to close them down, no effort to try and use strength to bring the ball down when the ball was aimed at him, no goal threat, no movement to any area of the pitch other than in a 10 meter radius circle, no enthusiasm to work himself into the game. Need i go on....??? 

Your other points seem to mirror mine quite well so its obvious we were at the same game.... 

Not surprised at the over-reaction again.

Just a bad day, simple as that.

Their wingers destroyed our full-backs, defence was unsettled when Taylor had to go off injured, midfield non-existant, Madine coasting through it but not getting any support.

One of those days.

Hope Bullen lets them know how much derbies mean - even at that level.

Not surprised at the over-reaction again.

Just a bad day, simple as that.

Their wingers destroyed our full-backs, defence was unsettled when Taylor had to go off injured, midfield non-existant, Madine coasting through it but not getting any support.

One of those days.

Hope Bullen lets them know how much derbies mean - even at that level.

Was Jones in charge Kivo?

Was there very poor to say the least

Best bit of game for me was when our Number 10 took Prutton out with a Ron Harris tackle when there wasn't a United player within 10 yards. Prutton just stood there in disbelief for a couple of minutes. That said Prutton really stood there for 90 minutes in disbelief but he wasn't the only one