Tell us about your first big Sheffield Wednesday hero

Has to be Chrissy Waddle. I could watch him play all day. That day he gave the West Ham left back a going over was one of the best performances I've ever seen (forget the lads name). Best player I've seen for Wednesday

Guest Distraught!

Terry Curran.For the way he taunted the Pig fans when he scored in the BDM 1979. :tango:  :tango:

Not meaning to be pedantic but wasn't it the reverse fixture he scored in at the Stain?

Rodger Wylde LEGEND

I thought I was going to be alone in my choice of Roger Wylde but a few have chosen him.  My second favouite at that time was Eric Potts.  My mate and I used to take turns at being Roger Wylde when we used to have a kick around when we were chabbies.  Whoever wasn't Roger Wylde was Eric Potts.  We used to tear new arses in the invisible United defenders we played against scoring twenty goals each and setting up (we didn't call them assists back then) each other for every goal whilst breaking the world record for number of goals score in a game.  We did our own team talk, crowd noises and commentary and everything. 

When you first started going to Sheffield Wednesday games there tended to be one or two players that stood out and became your first SWFC heroes.

It might not have been the most skilful or popular player but it doesn't matter as younger opinions on players tend to be based on other things rather than just pure skill (look at Chris "Bartman" Bart-Williams for example - most popular with the young uns but was slow and rubbish)

Who was yours ?

when i first started going to game we had no hero's...

nobody could accuse me of watchin' wednesday 'cos i was a pot hunter...

Not meaning to be pedantic but wasn't it the reverse fixture he scored in at the Stain?

Terry Curran.For the way he taunted the Pig fans when he scored in the BDM 1979. :tango:  :tango:

TC on boxing day just about to drop to his knees in front of the blunts......

Of course there was the usual suspects for me ...Hirsty, Wadlle, Shezza etc

But for me I loved Ryan Jones, bit of a bruiser but a real tryer and chipped in with the odd goal, including a beautiful diving header away at QPR. I thought he would go far, local lad too.

Real shame he had to finish by injury, in my opinon he got rushed back too soon from injury by Francis but what do I know!