Tell us about your first big Sheffield Wednesday hero

Mine were Di Canio and Carbone. That's when I first started supporting Wednesday when I was 9-10 years old.

I just missed out on the waddle era and Wembley. Just caught the back end of David Hirst before he went to Southampton I think it was.

But I used to love watching Di Canio and Carbone, they always seemed to know what the other was going to do. And both were very skillful and could make something out of nothing. Remember Di Canio scoring a reyt goal away at Everton where he got the ball at the halfway line and took on the Everton defence by himself and then rounded the keeper and score, I remember thinking football looked easy back then.

Tommy for me anyone who goes for any player previous to this is old enough to be a coffin dodger .

tommy my all time favourite player but being a coffin dodger he wasn't my 1st hero that would have to be the great ron .....

Started going in the 03-04 season so I didn't have a great bunch of players to choose from.

I did love Proudlock but I think it was just because he dyed part of his hair blue which I thought was so cool.

My first proper 'hero' when I actually developed an understanding of football was Brunt. For all his lazieness and greed on the ball, he couldn't half change a game in a split second of brilliance. At the time I thought he was Beckham like.