Refund from Just Giving

A ten second search of the site suggests that refunds only occur if they couldn't process payment (can take a week or so) or if the charity is above the target in between you paying and it being completed.

If you think you paid well before the target was reached, must have been unable to complete.

Just an example of this, London Underground refunded me money for an Oyster Card top up about 2 weeks after I thought I'd paid it online, as my bank had taken the money from my account but then decided that LU are not a trustworthy website and refunded it- the process just took a while.

Guest Big Guns

Let's have some more sensible answers before the stupid posters turn up

well didnt want to embarrass bob but its obvious hes got no coin in his account so the money never got taken out

Guest Deleted member

Let's have some more sensible answers before the stupid posters turn up

Great idea...

It's because getting you involved is more trouble than it's worth.

Ooops too late...

A ten second search of the site suggests that refunds only occur if they couldn't process payment (can take a week or so) or if the charity is above the target in between you paying and it being completed.

If you think you paid well before the target was reached, must have been unable to complete.

Mmmm, does that mean then that all donations over the £3k target will be returned? If that is the case then £2k plus will not reach Derek as was intended when pledged.

Mmmm, does that mean then that all donations over the £3k target will be returned? If that is the case then £2k plus will not reach Derek as was intended when pledged.

No idea, I googled Just Giving Refunds, read two lines and posted so that the OP would stop having a hissy fit about people being unhelpful.

Guest Big Guns

Did you know Bob spelt backwards spells Bob?

oh ye thats reight good im gunna try it bob ....bob ...flipping hell it works

Right my last post on this subject.

I have just checked my Paypal account and my bank account. The money was taken out of my bank account through Paypal and that shows on my bank  statement as a debit on 26th February. I now have had the money refunded, so the money was donated and debited from my bank account and has now been refunded, everyone clear ?

Just an example of this, London Underground refunded me money for an Oyster Card top up about 2 weeks after I thought I'd paid it online, as my bank had taken the money from my account but then decided that LU are not a trustworthy website and refunded it- the process just took a while.

When this happened it showed up as debit to LU Ltd for two weeks, then came back, and the bank said it'd never actually gone to the payee but was stuck in limbo in the middle.

Guest Big Guns

Which one is backwards? they both look forwards to me

right the first one is bob spelt normaly the second one is bob spelt backwards :cool:

I have just had an email from Paypal and my donation for Derek Wilkinson has been refunded. I have not asked for this so has anyone any idea why ?

Just to clear things up for you so there's no confusion, 

The word palindrome is derived from the Greek palíndromos, meaning running back again (palín = AGAIN + drom–, drameîn = RUN). A palindrome is a word or phrase which reads the same in both directions. Some simple examples are:

RACECAR

DEED 

LEVEL 

PIP 

ROTOR 

CIVIC 

POP 

MADAM 

EYE 

NUN 

RADAR 

TOOT