Lavery

Just need to be careful not to place too much pressure on him.

Which is why it's perfect to play him now.

If we can avoid some sort of catastrophic meltdown we won't be going down, and barring some miracle run we won't make the play-offs. Which makes it the PERFECT time to get him in games and get him used to the division.

I think you can be too precious with the youngsters sometimes. He's 21 now (I think?) which is a good age to be playing every week.

Good player, BIG prospect.

He's good, but he's not quite Carling..... Yet.

If we play him enough and his confidence builds up then he could be an amazing player and make us a lot of money, he just needs to be played

By Carling you mean utter dross, I presume? Bit harsh. I wouldn't even tar Mamady Sidibe with the Carling brush...

still raw if you ask me and needs more first team action to develop ... i think we've got carried away a bit with the goals at Leeds .. he's a bit lightweight (which you can build on) so hoping for more from him in the future ..

Edited by Hack-Abusi

Amidst the overwhelming disappointment of Monday night I don't know if that fantastic ball he played into the box (when Best got in the way of Coke's goal-bound shot) got much mention? One of the rare moments of quality from the whole of that game.

Guest Hudders Owl87

It's depressing isn't it that Ipswich can produce player like Rhodes Wickham and Lavery. Not saying Lavery is in the same class/form as the latter 2 but why can't we do it for ourselves from bottom to top!!!

I don't think people realise just how good this lad could be. He's the best centre forward we've got, and given a good run up front, he will prove it. One thing we've not done for a while is build a young team. The lad Hutchinson is class, and looks captain material to me. He won't get in Chelsea's side, and injury free he could be the signing of the summer. Was talking to a Forest fan, who also had him on loan, and they couldn't believe just how good he was.

We should be building a side around players like this, not bodging together a team with emergency loans every year.

I don't think people realise just how good this lad could be. He's the best centre forward we've got, and given a good run up front, he will prove it. One thing we've not done for a while is build a young team. The lad Hutchinson is class, and looks captain material to me. He won't get in Chelsea's side, and injury free he could be the signing of the summer. Was talking to a Forest fan, who also had him on loan, and they couldn't believe just how good he was.

We should be building a side around players like this, not bodging together a team with emergency loans every year.

agreed.   Nice to see Lavery having a part to play.  He deffo has an eye for goal and lot of pace to burn.  Hope to see his development progress with us like we have seen with young Palmer.

Completely agree

That's what the development squad is for. Lavery looks the real deal, Palmer has outdone himself this season. 

We've actually got the nucleus of a good young side coming together. Injuries aside Mattock looks a steady LB ( I don't worry when he is there), Lee is class, Lavery is coming on great, Antonio is still young, Helan is only about 20 and getting some form back. Maguire is still younger than he seems at times. Even Nuhiu is only 24. We've actually looked forward more than it appears in a lot of our recent transfer dealings.

I hope we offer both Hutchinson and Gardener deals now, 

Will make us a lot of money one day.

Bump.

Bump.