Boro take a sightly different look at the two sides past history

Guest intercity0wl

I was at that game in 88/89 when we sent them down, they were in the North and on the triangle on the Kop.

I was there too..a load of them sneeked into the south stand where I was (alone)...uneasy game to watch lol

Edited by OWO

Quite a good read. This fact interested me from that article;

Historic Cup Moment: Wednesday lost the 1966 FA Cup final after dropping their centre-half, who was so peeved he left for a team at the bottom of Division Three, one John Hickton.

Hickton was a centre forward was he not?

Good article, a bit eccentric mind.

I would have thought that Saturday 20 April 1974 would have been a high point for them - it was one of my low's as a lad them thrashing Wednesday 8-0!  ;-)

My first proper away game.

Loved the article, especially the errors!

Hickton was a centre forward was he not?

Good article, a bit eccentric mind.

Started as a left back, converted to CF. Scored a few goals and a shed load for Boro'. Always looked awkward and was the only 6 foot odd player I've ever seen that reached 5ft 10 when he jumped.

Actually bumped into him as a kid when walking down the the stain for an early 60's derby. Walked with him from the bottom of Fitzwilliam Street to the ground with a mate of mine (where are you now Derek?!)  and we told him to watch for Joe Shaw passing back to the keeper...not something that happened a lot then but he was famous for it and it was deemed negative by us. If memory serves me rightly (tho' I could easily be wrong), we drew and Hickton scored.

Edited by lesbarbeux