Chris Powell receives racist tweets from so called Wednesday fans

i had the pleasure of a one cell moron last night sat behind me and my lad in the South Stand.
resplendent in our colours and busy puffing on an electronic cig.
right from the word go he was effing and jeffing and calling for JJ to be brought on ( yes its true)
and when Helan was brought on he shouts "Come on Antonio lets ger atttem"...
when their second goal went in he jumps up and shouts "monkey" at Powell...
trying to explain to him that he was a racist.. he just laughed at me.. nearly resorted to laying him out but im
sure i would have ended up being banned !!!..

i had the pleasure of a one cell moron last night sat behind me and my lad in the South Stand.

resplendent in our colours and busy puffing on an electronic cig.

right from the word go he was effing and jeffing and calling for JJ to be brought on ( yes its true)

and when Helan was brought on he shouts "Come on Antonio lets ger atttem"...

when their second goal went in he jumps up and shouts "monkey" at Powell...

trying to explain to him that he was a racist.. he just laughed at me.. nearly resorted to laying him out but im

sure i would have ended up being banned !!!..

You should report him to the relevant authorities. I am pretty sure they can track him down from his ticket number if you can work it out. 

There is absolutely no need for racism in this modern world, let alone on a football pitch. 

And someone mentioned something about issuing an apology to CP on behalf of the majority of Wednesday fans for the abuse he received - I think that would be a fantastic gesture. 

And someone mentioned something about issuing an apology to CP on behalf of the majority of Wednesday fans for the abuse he received - I think that would be a fantastic gesture. 

Agreed, was going to tweet an apology but it's hard to sound sincere in 140 characters, it's unfortunate that it's evidently easy to shame and embarrass a whole club in 140 characters though :(

I love the logic of being racist to an opposition manager (or player) yet ignoring the fact that plenty of our own at Hillsborough are the same ethnicity.

I'm surprised a football manager uses twitter (imagine if DJ did) but like people have said he has every right to without this happening

Some pr*ck said it on the back of the north last night. Would have been about 50 year old.

No need for it in this day and age.

A good 45/50% of our own players are black/halfcast anyway.

Disgusting.

I take it you mean "mixed race"? :ohmy:

Edit: Sorry, it seems somebody already corrected you.

Edited by mattbianco1

I love the logic of being racist to an opposition manager (or player) yet ignoring the fact that plenty of our own at Hillsborough are the same ethnicity.

I'm surprised a football manager uses twitter (imagine if DJ did) but like people have said he has every right to without this happening

Exactly. 

Scum bags. 

But the point is you probably didnt mean most things you said in anger, if you had took the time and effort to put it all in a e-mail then i'd say that means you meant it.

Rubbish, when charlton time-wasted I shouted plenty of abuse at hamer (and at powell, as let's face it, its his method), calling him a tail-tugger etc. But it NEVER crossed my mind to refer to powell's skin colour. That was heat of the moment, having cooled down I've now realised that the abuse wasn't really warranted, let's face it they're neither the first nor the last to timewaste in the lead away from home. Even if you've lost it in the heat of the moment, if you're mind turns to racim you've clearly got a problem.

I'm 68 and in my book it was never acceptable to be a racist. Met a few of my age group who are and one or two are relatives and on the face of it normal, respectable citizens, I put it down to ignorance.

I had a party a few years back and invited my boss, a black police Chief Inspector, you should have seen my uncles face when I introduced them ! His surname was White and his nickname was "Chalky" which didn't offend him at all. I could just imagine calling a black person with that name "Chalky" today, wouldn't go down too well.

Nope I definitely meant them! Just being angry made it easier to excuse saying the things rather than keeping them inside and being "polite" :)

Or drunk, or high.

Grimb,

Have you never said anything in the heat of anger that was untrue, deliberately confrontational or regretful?

I would suggest you have a great deal of self control when angry.

Edited by M Royds

Guest Big Guns

Grimb,

Have you never said anything in the heat of anger that was untrue, deliberately confrontational or regretful?

i once kicked some one reight hard on the shin cos he looked like Matt Goss he made me really angry and mad looking that way :angry:  :mad:

Rubbish, when charlton time-wasted I shouted plenty of abuse at hamer (and at powell, as let's face it, its his method), calling him a tail-tugger etc. But it NEVER crossed my mind to refer to powell's skin colour. That was heat of the moment, having cooled down I've now realised that the abuse wasn't really warranted, let's face it they're neither the first nor the last to timewaste in the lead away from home. Even if you've lost it in the heat of the moment, if you're mind turns to racim you've clearly got a problem.

So again you didnt really mean it but if you had mentioned his skin colour/religion or place of birth then you would have meant it, Confused.com

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

Grimb,

You might call someone a 'c*nt' or a two hat etc in anger, sure. But if you start throwing around racist terms when you're peed off, then you're a closet racist. You normally don't say racist things because you know you're not supposed to, but when you get angry and can't control that any more, it starts to come out.

Also why would anyone be angry at Powell? I might have missed something but I don't remember him doing anything wrong last night.

You might call someone a 'c*nt' or a two hat etc in anger, sure. But if you start throwing around racist terms when you're peed off, then you're a closet racist. You normally don't say racist things because you know you're not supposed to, but when you get angry and can't control that any more, it starts to come out.

Also why would anyone be angry at Powell? I might have missed something but I don't remember him doing anything wrong last night.

Taking Powell and the rasicim out of it because those who insulted him a penile cave dwellers, if I call someone a c#*t in the heat of anger does that mean I'm a closet sexist?

I would like to suggest that When experiencing true anger there is also loss of inhibition and control and people act totally out of character. There's tons of research on this from wars, Vietnam and so on.

Can someone post up a link to the said abuse?

It's been removed, it's been removed, it's been removed.

Why would you want to look at someone being called a Black C anyway? (x3)

Guest NottinghamshireOwl

Taking Powell and the rasicim out of it because those who insulted him a penile cave dwellers, if I call someone a c#*t in the heat of anger does that mean I'm a closet sexist?

I would like to suggest that When experiencing true anger there is also loss of inhibition and control and people act totally out of character. There's tons of research on this from wars, Vietnam and so on.

No, but calling someone a c*nt isn't sexist. It's just an offensive term. Saying offensive things in the heat of the moment that you might later regret is something that happens to everyone. Shouting racist things isn't.

And you've kind of backed up my point, it's a loss of inhibition and control - ie the part of your brain that says "hang on, probably shouldn't say that" doesn't kick in. If you weren't in any way racist, that would make no difference as the thought wouldn't occur to you. You wouldn't need your inhibitions stopping you from saying it because you'd never feel the urge to say it in the first place. 

In exactly the same way that if you were angry at a *** person and as a result you shout "you f*cking ***....." you clearly have a problem with *** people.

Wow homosexual is banned by the swear filter. What the f00k.

Edited by NottinghamshireOwl