Chris Powell receives racist tweets from so called Wednesday fans

Because it is just inviting such abuse and it will always happen. You either accept that such moronic behaviour is a possibility or keep off it. Or the third alternative is to use it amongst people you know and trust but cover your identity. 

Really?! Do you truelly believe that?!

Yes, there are plenty of morons on Twitter. Does that mean they should get away with being vile, racist little penises? If you left the keys in the ignition of your car and someone took it, would you not report it stolen?

Powell has every right to use Twitter as much as we do.

Yes, there are plenty of morons on Twitter. Does that mean they should get away with being vile, racist little penises? If you left the keys in the ignition of your car and someone took it, would you not report it stolen?

Not oiften we agree but you are bang on .

It's already been sent to the FA, Kickitout and SYP.

Excellent.

Get them prosecuted and banned from matches

Because it is just inviting such abuse and it will always happen. You either accept that such moronic behaviour is a possibility or keep off it. Or the third alternative is to use it amongst people you know and trust but cover your identity. 

So racism is ok and its Powells fault for going on Twitter?

Guest Distraught!

It is sad but it is an age old problem. It is like police officers that complain when there is a bunch of morons nearby that make pig sounds when they are trying to do their job.

I actually know what it is like. I use Twitter and Facebook for my own business purposes (and a few other social networking sites). I sometimes get abuse off people that are obviously competitors. I bite my lip and accept it because I know it is something I cannot control. I don't condone the racism in any way, shape or form but it is a reality and people will always abuse Twitter because it is so easy to do so.

Guest Big Guns

Not oiften we agree but you are bang on .

Excellent.

Get them prosecuted and banned from matches

So racism is ok and its Powells fault for going on Twitter?

i cant see any were distraught saying racisms ok

It is sad but it is an age old problem. It is like police officers that complain when there is a bunch of morons nearby that make pig sounds when they are trying to do their job.

I actually know what it is like. I use Twitter and Facebook for my own business purposes (and a few other social networking sites). I sometimes get abuse off people that are obviously competitors. I bite my lip and accept it because I know it is something I cannot control. I don't condone the racism in any way, shape or form but it is a reality and people will always abuse Twitter because it is so easy to do so.

Ok, fair enough. But do you not agree that posts of racial abuse should be reported? 

Like I said, I understand being critical. I understand letting someone know what you think of them, but racial abuse on social media? 

Maybe Powell is used to it. Maybe he can take the abuse, but doesn't see why people like that should get away with being such chocolate bullet holes?

Absolute disgrace, I hope they get found out and charges brought against them, calling him a Black C*** is an absolute disgrace and has just brought shame on this club you absolute morons.

Some pr*ck said it on the back of the north last night. Would have been about 50 year old.

No need for it in this day and age.

A good 45/50% of our own players are black/halfcast anyway.

Disgusting.

I think you are a decent poster, but that makes me all the more stunned by what you have written

To suggest Powell himself invited racist abuse and should consider hiding his identity (ergo colour) is shameful

Edited by McRightSide

Guest Distraught!

I think you are a decent poster, but that makes me all the more stunned by what you have written

To suggest Powell himself invited racist abuse and should consider hiding his identity (ergo colour) is shameful

It wasn't aimed at Chris Powell. It is a general statement. People will always abuse a media like Twitter because it is so easy to do so. And public figures or well known people will get it worse. Sadly, society contains its morons. In years gone by, we had ex-directory telephone numbers to stop people receiving abuse. In the age of the internet, people have to use other forms of discretion.

It wasn't aimed at Chris Powell. It is a general statement. People will always abuse a media like Twitter because it is so easy to do so. And public figures or well known people will get it worse. Sadly, society contains its morons. In years gone by, we had ex-directory telephone numbers to stop people receiving abuse. In the age of the internet, people have to use other forms of discretion.

Oh right, so you aimed it at all ethnic minorities.

My point still stands, to suggest Powell (or any other target of racist abuse) should change in order to avoid such abuse is shameful

Guest Distraught!

Oh right, so you aimed it at all ethnic minorities.

My point still stands, to suggest Powell (or any other target of racist abuse) should change in order to avoid such abuse is shameful

No, people abuse others for all kinds of reasons. A public figure may be disqualified from driving for speeding. Under such circumstances, they may expect a pile of Twitter abuse related to that. Others may get abuse about sexual issues. It is not right but sadly the reality of the situation is it exists and it is very difficult to control.

Twitter breeds faceless cowards who send these kinds of messages.

If I had enough money i'd buy twitter and sink it

That's like saying you'd buy football and sink it because of a few racist, idiotic hooligans.

There are many more people who use it in the way it was intended. Unfortunately there are complete idiots around who act like these have done. With a bit of luck they will be dealt with.