SG Post match reaction

Guest intercity0wl

Guest Sheff Owl

Not that anyone would have asked him but i would like to know what he saw in that first half to suggest nothing needed changing.

We was getting battered in midfield.

Agree with what he said but not once did he acknowledge his own fk up.

Making 5 changes from a decent win at Hudd?

Martinez over Kirkland?

Maguire CM?

Hoof ball straight to Wood and Morrison?

And the double subs?

Sorry Stuart, some of the blame lies with you on this one. 

Edited by TaxiMark

Not that anyone would have asked him but i would like to know what he saw in that first half to suggest nothing needed changing.

We was getting battered in midfield.

As soon as we came back out for the second half, we were much better and more than deserved the equaliser. Unfortunately, the double sub slightly reduced our momentum just when very little needed changing. Don't like to criticise Gray, but there were one or two poor decisions on his part tonight.

I think everyone was caught out tonight first and foremost by Charlton's gameplan.

Get into them early, don't let them settle, quieten the fans down etc etc. I don't think anybody expected it. On the pitch especially.

Like rabbits in headlights.

They gave it a bash second half. 

But for all the changes made, odd subs, handball goal for them, the phantom Wednesday goal and their escape from a poss sending off I still think we lost that game ourselves in the first 45.

We started so deep and invited them in.

Look at the start of the second half and our backline is 25 yards higher than the whole of the first 45.

But when you start as slow as we did first half is then trying to gain momentum is so much harder. 

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.