SG nearly getting even me excited. as such

Guest intercity0wl

Guest JonTheOwl66

Fantastic comments from Gray to be fair.

Definitely. Such a change from the previous set-up.. He has brought some much needed excitement back to Hillsborough.

Not having a dig, but what are you basing this on? How would you know he'd been sidelined?

The fact that at the end of last season the reason we were so successful was that we became very hard to beat and we didn't concede very often. At the start of this season we conceded far too many silly goals, there were a fair few defensive errors and as soon as SG took over a caretaker, the attitude of last season came back, we're now hard to beat, we don't concede many and we work extremely hard as a team.

Absolutely fantastic comments from Gray.

Make no mistake about it, he'll have the players up for it, but with the fans up for it, Hillsborough becomes a very different place to play for visiting teams.

Down the years, when the fans turn out and make a raucous atmosphere, the results have pretty much followed suit. 

Buzzing for tonight. REALLY nervous, but cannot wait!

What a refreshing change to have a manager who to me always seems to come across as positive, and as a player i don't think he could do anything other than motivate them.

Reading the extract from his artilcle i cannot help but wonder what the previous guy would have said, it would probably have contained the words careful, feet on the ground, and learning curve, and half of thr players involved tonight would not even have been involved.

The club shoud have took the words below and added them to a newspaper, Social Media advert pushing  tickets for toiight s game, it could have done nothing else but add to bums on seats

“I just want to thank the fans at Huddersfield – the support was fantastic – but we need all three sides (of Hillsborough) for us and maybe a bit more on Monday,” said the Owls’ head coach.

“I often ask the players to give the fans a lift.

“One thing we do know is the players are giving 100 per cent commitment and working hard, but we want to make it an unbelievable atmosphere for the Charlton game.

“We want to be on the front foot – we’ll be in their faces and we’ll close them down. We’ll have a right good go at them.

“Really, I don’t need any team talk. My only team talk is to the supporters – come and make it an unbelievable atmosphere.

“Get the players going and we’ll run ourselves into the ground.

“The players have the chance to be part of Sheffield Wednesday history.”

Some wee just come out