SG nearly getting even me excited. as such

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

What a refreshing change to have a manager who to me always seems to come across as positive, and as a player i don't think he could do anything other than motivate them.

Reading the extract from his artilcle i cannot help but wonder what the previous guy would have said, it would probably have contained the words careful, feet on the ground, and learning curve, and half of thr players involved tonight would not even have been involved.

The club shoud have took the words below and added them to a newspaper, Social Media advert pushing  tickets for toiight s game, it could have done nothing else but add to bums on seats

“I just want to thank the fans at Huddersfield – the support was fantastic – but we need all three sides (of Hillsborough) for us and maybe a bit more on Monday,” said the Owls’ head coach.

“I often ask the players to give the fans a lift.

“One thing we do know is the players are giving 100 per cent commitment and working hard, but we want to make it an unbelievable atmosphere for the Charlton game.

“We want to be on the front foot – we’ll be in their faces and we’ll close them down. We’ll have a right good go at them.

“Really, I don’t need any team talk. My only team talk is to the supporters – come and make it an unbelievable atmosphere.

“Get the players going and we’ll run ourselves into the ground.

“The players have the chance to be part of Sheffield Wednesday history.”

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest Distraught!

“I often ask the players to give the fans a lift.

The sponsored cars given to the club must be freakin' massive.  :milan:

don't know the source of that but wow I agree what a refreshing change 

“We want to be on the front foot – we’ll be in their faces and we’ll close them down. We’ll have a right good go at them."

No videos, no caution, no being scared of Hillsborough, no being beaten before we start

tbh this is the bit I liked from GM positivity let the opposition worry about us 

Cracking comments. 

Such a massive difference from DJ. 

When we went on that run at the end of last season Stuart Gray got the credit for coming in and helping turning the team around.

Prehaps there is some serious truth in that, seems he was a bit sidelined at the start of this season and we went crap. 

There were often some seriously confused looking players under DJ. I often think the team talk and tactics had no relation to anything they had been working on in training.... 

Cracking comments. 

Such a MASSIVE difference from DJ. 

When we went on that run at the end of last season Stuart Gray got the credit for coming in and helping turning the team around.

Prehaps there is some serious truth in that, seems he was a bit sidelined at the start of this season and we went crap

There were often some seriously confused looking players under DJ. I often think the team talk and tactics had no relation to anything they had been working on in training.... 

Not having a dig, but what are you basing this on? How would you know he'd been sidelined?

I really like SG attitude and commitment since he's been in charge, fantastic comments.

There have been managers that 'fit' this club and those that no matter how hard they try just don't get it.

I thought Stuart Gray was one of those 'good coaches' but may struggle in a longer term managerial role.

He has been a revelation and has taken his opportunity by the scruff of the neck.

Gray understands this group of players and has been around long enough to know what is needed.

If he puts together a team made up of consistent 7/10 performers week in week out as Wilkinson did rather than try and build a team around one 'golden boy' then the future is bright.

He's the complete opposite to moansey, player like him, fans are starting to go maybe I was wrong well played Milan.

I can listen to a interview with the sheff wed manager without cringing since GM. And I hope he stands by madine because from the outside he seems like the man to get the best from Gaz.

So challenge to us owls, we've dipped into your pockets for Derek, now dig even deeper and raise the roof for gray and his men tonight.

It's such an obvious thing that I don't get why most managers don't it. Play up to the fans and they'll get behind you and the team. That can actually buy the manager extra games to turn things round when things go wrong as well. Very refreshing to hear, as such

That's exactly why Laws excelled in derby games

I remember in the week up to the game he was bouncing around on TV, talking about how much it meant etc

Not so much as getting caught up in the hype, but creating it.

At the same time Robson (I think) was playing the 'it just another game card'

I remember as the teams came out onto the pitch commentator described 'Wednesday bounding out of the tunnel'