'Nuhiu Haters'

Guest markowl123

Maybe you can get past insults - I doubt it though.

Sorry mate, it wasn't an insult, I was pointing out that your argument re: Walcott is nonsense. You don't begin a career being able to head a ball well, like you might begin a career being able to run fast.

Guest wilyfox

Sorry mate, it wasn't an insult, I was pointing out that your argument re: Walcott is nonsense. You don't begin a career being able to head a ball well, like you might begin a career being able to run fast.

It isn't nonsense. There are comparisons that can be drawn. Walcott's talent was speed, he had to work on his end product. Nuhiu's talent is his height, he had to work on his heading.

Guest Hatchethazza

I really dont understand all the vent of frustration aimed towards him. And yes, i'll probably get negged to flip but i don't really care. If everyone in our squad put in his work ethic then we'd be top of the table. We've played brilliant in the last few games, with him included. Maghoma needs to be on the bench at the start of the next mach and antonio starting, because he's the laziest, shittest winger ive seen in a long time. And also palmer had an absolute stinker today.

Coz he's bobar.

Exactly, so he shouldn't play if he can't do the things he's picked for. He's not meeting the requirements for himself personally or his role within the team.

Do you know exactly what he's being picked for? Surely it's not to be a target man? Because if it is, then the player really isn't meeting his requirements... and neither are the coaches.

Gerald Sibon was 6'6" wasn't he? Was he also picked for his physical strength and heading ability? Big men can sometimes play with their feet too (not that Nuhiu has proved himself as capable as Sibon did in that regard yet).

Guest wilyfox

Do you know exactly what he's being picked for? Surely it's not to be a target man? Because if it is, then the player really isn't meeting his requirements... and neither are the coaches.

Gerald Sibon was 6'6" wasn't he? Was he also picked for his physical strength and heading ability? Big men can sometimes play with their feet too (not that Nuhiu has proved himself as capable as Sibon did in that regard yet).

Sibon met the prerequisite of scoring goals for three seasons in a row.

Obviously having someone capable of converting a high percentage of chances is a big help, but countless teams have shown it is not essential. Jordan Rhodes scored 26 league goals last season but his team seriously flirted with relegation. When we went down in 1990, Atkinson (15) and Hirst (16) managed a healthy return but it was the lack of support from elsewhere that was our undoing as no one else got more than 5.

At least, your post has caused some intelligent debate. I see your point, but I have doubts about playing the Mourino way of having 1 striker up front and more or less relying on his midfield players.

Edited by doubled123456

At least, your post has caused some intelligent debate. I see your point, but I have doubts about playing the Mourino way of having 1 striker up front and more or less relying on his midfield players.

I'm not a big fan of it either, and it won't be suitable for most teams. But it's working for them at the moment.

I think HATE is a strong word. I don't hate him, but I've lost patience with him. I don't agree with the sarcastic cheers, but I can understand the frustration. Although, I sit on the kop and the fans at the back do also encourage him and chant his song. Personally, I'd put Lavery in. He looks sharp, hungry and full of confidence. Although he isn't very experienced, I think he's much more of a goal threat.

I've just watched a video of Nuhiu that was posted on here in pre season. It makes interesting viewing, because there's a few nice finishes in it. When we originally signed him, I thought he was great in the air, and he'd score a lot of goals. Now I don't know how strong the league is what he was playing in, but he looks decent in the video with good movement etc.

The miss that really sticks out in my mind this season, is his recent one at Millwall. For once, Helan put in an absolutely beautiful cross for him, that looked perfectly weighted, yet he couldn't even hit the target. Which again, if you look at the video, seems very strange.

If anyone can spare 9 mins, take a look and then post your thoughts.

YouTube - Atdhe Nuhiu Highlights. (can you post links on here?)

Edited by Robdylan

I don't know mate.

I've just watched the video about ten mins ago.

Are we no longer allowed to post YouTube links on here?

Because for some reason, I can't upload the video.

It's easy to find though, and I'd like people to re watch it if possible to give their thoughts.

I don't hate him. It just really gets on my nerves his ability to jump. He gets knocked off the ball like hes not even there. It proved last night, Lavery was battling with there 6ft+ full back, battling down towards the north and it was awesome. Showed how much he wanted it.

Not saying Nuhiu doesn't care, he just lacks the basics, hes a centre forward, first job - score goals - second job -make goals - 3rd job - make the defenders job as hard as possible.

He just doesn't do that.

Guest markowl123

He's got no chance here then, I thought he had a good game yesterday. Afobe did nothing except miss a one on one, so the mini-uproar when we was substituted instead of Nuhiu was a bit embarrassing really.

He'd probably be my 3rd or 4th top player from last night, after at least Lee and Maguire who were both positive all night again. If Nuhiu just had Maguire's confidence to put his foot through the ball whenever he saw the whites of the goal we'd see a completely different player.

PS. If anyone deserves criticism last night it was Palmer, not Nuhiu.

completely agree.

It's alright saying he works hard, but you need a striker to have a bit of nous about him and to run into intelligent positions and to use the ball well when they receive it.

I don't actually know what he does, he can't pass, he can't shoot, his first touch is shocking, he's slow, he can't head, I hate to jump on a player and slate them, but we've seen enough of Nuhiu to know he's not going to improve.

Edited by plesh