'Nuhiu Haters'

Guest markowl123

My two peneth  is this.  He is getting into scoring positions, and missing badly. However, he is still getting into goal scoring positions. His confidence looks shot to me, but sooner or later, one will go in and maybe more will follow. What I do know is Gerald SIbon was gash in his first season, and only started to look the park in his second - Hopefully our new big fella will be the same.

Guest harveyhamfeet

I honestly think you are looking at a different player to the rests of us. Even dragging his hair across his head every 20 seconds looks laboured.

Lavery had a closer heading chance than Nuhiu today and he's as tall as Ronnie Corbett!!

i don't know if thats an attempt of a dig or not. I'm giving my opinion and view of the game. He wins headers, and if we was to play football like we did today without him then we'd lose the ball on many more occasions, as lavery and afobe aren't the best in the heading category.

Barkley was great for us :rolleyes:

But i just think people are being overly harsh.

A dig? He doesn't win headers.

i don't know if thats an attempt of a dig or not. I'm giving my opinion and view of the game. He wins headers, and if we was to play football like we did today without him then we'd lose the ball on many more occasions, as lavery and afobe aren't the best in the heading category.

Barkley was great for us :rolleyes:

But i just think people are being overly harsh.

I am astonished that there is someone here who thinks he wins headers.....UTTERLY ASTONISHED!

I really like Nuhiu. He's a nice lad, fits in well with the team (personality-wise), works hard and has nice close control but a striker that is slow, can't jump, can't finish and just tamely allows himself to be marked tightly is utterly useless in this league.

I watched tonight and was actually thinking whether he'd be better as a centre-back....then remembered how awful he is competing in the air...

I don't think anyone's having a dig at you Mark....but it seems you are in a minority of 1 who thinks he wins even 15% of the headers that come his way.

I feel sad that it isn't working for him but that's the situation...in my opinion.

I think he's better than he's showing and would benefit from a spell out of the side as he can't find his scoring form.

Unless we can find another striker to lead the line and match his work rate though we will struggle without that kind of player

How can he find his scoring form if he's not playing? I agree with you Bluesteel that he shouldn't be in the side but seems like a self-defeating idea....

Ignore that mate.....misread your post!

Edited by the_mutha

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

I really dont understand all the vent of frustration aimed towards him. And yes, i'll probably get negged to flip but i don't really care. If everyone in our squad put in his work ethic then we'd be top of the table. We've played brilliant in the last few games, with him included. Maghoma needs to be on the bench at the start of the next mach and antonio starting, because he's the laziest, shittest winger ive seen in a long time. And also palmer had an absolute stinker today. 

thought madine was back with amount of times the big useless cnut threw himself on the floor!

I don't mind him getting berated on here, its what a forum is for.  But if you were one of those sarcastically cheering him tonight when he won a header (and while he lost a lot, like he does, he still won a fair few against two towering centre halves) then you need to have a look at yourself. 

He's a decent squad player, but he's being asked to be so much more due to our shocking lack of depth up front.  His confidence is shockingly, shockingly low.  He spent the first half having the ball pinged at his head.  For the thousandth time, just because he's tall, it doesn't mean he's a target man.  Much better with the ball at his feet where he can link play (did this quite a bit towards the end of the second half actually).  I agree with those who said he would benefit from a spell out the side, maybe even a loan, but circumstances dictate we can't.  

My major gripe though was with the fans tonight - no player who tries that hard ever, ever, deserves to be booed or sarcastically cheered during the game.  If it was someone mincing around and not putting it in, then maybe.  If you want to boo a bad performance at the end, then go for it.  But during the match?  Very poor.  Vent your frustrations about his quality on here after if you must, but that was low from some of the fans today.