What game are you playing?

Chris_B_SWFC

On 07/09/2021 at 10:02, Orlando_Trustful said:

Amazing. How much does something like that cost in total?

All depends on what setup you want, I wanted a fairly accurate machine and decent golf game. 

Machine 2k

Golf software (tgc 2019) 750

Net 120

Mat 120

Laptop and TV I already had, still a few bits to tidy up needed but now I've got it running I've got lazy lol

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 3mps said:

All depends on what setup you want, I wanted a fairly accurate machine and decent golf game. 

Machine 2k

Golf software (tgc 2019) 750

Net 120

Mat 120

Laptop and TV I already had, still a few bits to tidy up needed but now I've got it running I've got lazy lol

That’s not a bad price for something like that. Good work. 

• Love 1

22 hours ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

I'll be honest, its fun but disposable. Im mainly playing single player and the bots are thick as fork and from what I gather its much better with friends. 

Its not scary at all but does have atmosphere and the detail of the aliens universe is good. 

Gameplay wise its just like a budget version of gears of war really, walk through linear environment and achieve rudimentary task, do a point defence bit then move on. 

Based on my half way run its a 6/10 but I'm still enjoying it (I love aliens) and it's only a 35 quid title not full price.

Thanks, I'll get it whenever it's on sale.

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

Currently playing Pathfinder Path of the Righteous.

I love RPG games, but lately just don't have time to finish these often 80+ hours long games. So I played a lot and loved, but didn't finish gems like Witcher 3 and Wastelands 3 and hope that it will be different with Pathfinder WOTR as I love it so much right now (despite not playing original game) and played 12 hours in 3 or 4 sittings and that is very rare for me.

People say that no CRPG ever resembled table top RPG before and to me it looks much more like spiritual sequel to Baldurs Gate 2 than Pillars of Eternity or even Baldurs Gate 3 ever did.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2021 at 11:17, malek said:

Currently playing Pathfinder Path of the Righteous.

I love RPG games, but lately just don't have time to finish these often 80+ hours long games. So I played a lot and loved, but didn't finish gems like Witcher 3 and Wastelands 3 and hope that it will be different with Pathfinder WOTR as I love it so much right now (despite not playing original game) and played 12 hours in 3 or 4 sittings and that is very rare for me.

People say that no CRPG ever resembled table top RPG before and to me it looks much more like spiritual sequel to Baldurs Gate 2 than Pillars of Eternity or even Baldurs Gate 3 ever did.

Thanks I'll check it out and add it to my list as it's coming to console on the 1st of March next year.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathfinder:_Wrath_of_the_Righteous From reading this it doesn't follow the previous game anyway. Also Chris Avellone was a writer for it too funnily enough.

• Like 1

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

@malek

I watched this kinda review/first impressions of it and it looks great, it's getting really good reviews all round it seems too. Just looked as well and the previous game from 2018 is also on console, overall it wasn't as well received though, but was still good. It looks like the second addressed the issues raised in the first. I've seen some people mention it to Baldurs Gate too. I've always heard about them, but never played them. I've noticed both of them have had remakes, so I'll probably try those. Like I said I'm not that knowledgeable on these style of games that have been around for awhile as I was too young, always been on console and have just started getting into them in the last few years or so. So do you have any other recommendations?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Incognito Owl said:

@malek

I watched this kinda review/first impressions of it and it looks great, it's getting really good reviews all round it seems too. Just looked as well and the previous game from 2018 is also on console, overall it wasn't as well received though, but was still good. It looks like the second addressed the issues raised in the first. I've seen some people mention it to Baldurs Gate too. I've always heard about them, but never played them. I've noticed both of them have had remakes, so I'll probably try those. Like I said I'm not that knowledgeable on these style of games that have been around for awhile as I was too young, always been on console and have just started getting into them in the last few years or so. So do you have any other recommendations?

For me Baldur's Gate 2 is the best CRPG ever made.

Yes, they remade both games few years ago, but they weren't remakes as much as they updated graphics to look better on modern computers and bigger screens (although it remained almost the same to those who played it in 2000's)

First Pathfinder got lot of love from hard core RPG fans and was received as a good game, but it was hard to get into for new players and nowhere near good as Pathfinder WOTR.

Older RPG+s worth checking out (at least on Youtube to see if it is something you would like):

Baldur's Gate 2 - best RPG ever

Fallout 2 - legendary post apocalyptic RPG

Arcanum - phenomenal if unpolished steempunk RPG

Planescape Torment - best storyline in any game EVER

Vampire: Bloodlines - brilliant RPG set around White Wolf's rules (vampires)

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 - for me these 2 games are the best that ever came out of Star Wars franchise

Dragon Age: Origins - all around very strong RPG

Pillars of Eternity - quite similar to Baldur's Gate and newest game on this list.

Battle Brothers - sandbox tactical RPG. One of the best games I play if you like that sort of thing.

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, malek said:

For me Baldur's Gate 2 is the best CRPG ever made.

Yes, they remade both games few years ago, but they weren't remakes as much as they updated graphics to look better on modern computers and bigger screens (although it remained almost the same to those who played it in 2000's)

First Pathfinder got lot of love from hard core RPG fans and was received as a good game, but it was hard to get into for new players and nowhere near good as Pathfinder WOTR.

Older RPG+s worth checking out (at least on Youtube to see if it is something you would like):

Baldur's Gate 2 - best RPG ever

Fallout 2 - legendary post apocalyptic RPG

Arcanum - phenomenal if unpolished steempunk RPG

Planescape Torment - best storyline in any game EVER

Vampire: Bloodlines - brilliant RPG set around White Wolf's rules (vampires)

Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 - for me these 2 games are the best that ever came out of Star Wars franchise

Dragon Age: Origins - all around very strong RPG

Pillars of Eternity - quite similar to Baldur's Gate and newest game on this list.

Battle Brothers - sandbox tactical RPG. One of the best games I play if you like that sort of thing.

Thank you. Yeah I've just had a quick look at the Baldur's Gate remakes on the PlayStation store in a bundle and the graphics probably didn't look much different. It's nice to know the two are basically the same games though.

Planescape Torment - Another one I've always heard of, an enhanced version got released on console a few years ago as well.

Vampire: Bloodlines - Same again, I love vampires too. Isn't a new one coming out, I remember it getting announced/watching some of it, but haven't kept up with following it. I'm sure a few different games are coming as well? Also I've heard the main sequel has had some problems?

Kotor - Hopefully the remake does the original justice.

Dragon Age - I've never played any, but I've heard the other two aren't as good.

PoE - That's already on my list.

I've looked at The Bard's Tale games too, have you played them? Also Disco Elysium from 2019 looks great.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Incognito Owl said:

Thank you. Yeah I've just had a quick look at the Baldur's Gate remakes on the PlayStation store in a bundle and the graphics probably didn't look much different. It's nice to know the two are basically the same games though.

Planescape Torment - Another one I've always heard of, an enhanced version got released on console a few years ago as well.

Vampire: Bloodlines - Same again, I love vampires too. Isn't a new one coming out, I remember it getting announced/watching some of it, but haven't kept up with following it. I'm sure a few different games are coming as well? Also I've heard the main sequel has had some problems?

Kotor - Hopefully the remake does the original justice.

Dragon Age - I've never played any, but I've heard the other two aren't as good.

PoE - That's already on my list.

I've looked at The Bard's Tale games too, have you played them? Also Disco Elysium from 2019 looks great.

Never played The Bard's Tale game, although it is legendary among RPG fans. Never played (or at least seriously played) heavy hitters such as Wizardry, Might & Magic and Ultima series.

Really loved first game and invested around 80 hours into it, but for whatever reason never tried other two. Heard that they are not very good as well, especially DA2.

Also Disco Elysium from 2019 looks great.

Not sure if I would call it an RPG although it shares some mechanisms with the genre, still I would say it is 90% an adventure game. Last game I finished and one of my absolute favorites, prepare yourself for a lot of reading, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, malek said:

Never played The Bard's Tale game, although it is legendary among RPG fans. Never played (or at least seriously played) heavy hitters such as Wizardry, Might & Magic and Ultima series.

Really loved first game and invested around 80 hours into it, but for whatever reason never tried other two. Heard that they are not very good as well, especially DA2.

Not sure if I would call it an RPG although it shares some mechanisms with the genre, still I would say it is 90% an adventure game. Last game I finished and one of my absolute favorites, prepare yourself for a lot of reading, though.

I'll add Bard's to the list then. On Elysium it's been updated now so all dialog is now voiced.

The Final Cut

An expanded and reworked edition of the game, subtitled The Final Cut, was announced in December 2020. According to lead writer Helen Hindpere, The Final Cut was directed based on input from players of the original game. It included complete voicework for the nearly 300 characters including the game's narration and the player-character skills, encompassing over 1.2 million words according to Hindpere. Because of the importance of the characters to the game, ZA/UM kept voice directing in-house rather than outsourcing the task as typically done with RPG games of this nature. It took about fourteen months to complete the global casting and recording processing for the additional voice overs. While they brought back some of the prior voice actors who had read introductory dialog lines in conversation trees for their respective characters, ZA/UM sought out new voice actors they felt were a better fit for many roles, especially for minor characters. They came upon jazz musician Lenval Brown for the voice of the narrator and of the player skills, representing nearly half of the game's dialog, and considered him essential to The Final Cut. Brown spent about eight months with the vocal directors in recording his lines, keeping his voice otherwise constant, slow and meticulous for all of the different characters skills since these were explaining things to the player, but including small nuances to try to distinguish the various facets of each skill's personality. The voice-acting by Nekrasova and the Chapo Trap House hosts was completely replaced. The Final Cut allows players the option to use a selection of voice acting for the game, such as only having the narrator's voiceover while the other characters presented as text.  

Also it added some cut/new content. I think PC players got a free upgrade, if it's still available.

• Thanks 1

On 08/09/2021 at 08:31, Incognito Owl said:

Also has anyone played the Demon's Souls remake on PS5, if so what's it like? I'll probably get it when I get one, it will be my first Souls game too.

Its really good and probably the easiest of the souls games so a good intro into the universe. If you get a PS5 and have PS+ you'll also get Bloodborne which is from the same developer and my personnel favourite. Gothic setting and the weapons are much cooler. 

• Like 1

On 19/08/2021 at 07:49, Orlando_Trustful said:

Borrowed Ghost of Tsushima off a mate.

Visually it is great and the gameplay is very enjoyable, but it is a bit boring and very samey. 

This was my same feelings, got lauded by many. Thought it was good but not standout amazing for me. 

11 hours ago, Ridgey The Owl said:

Playing cold war pretty much exclusively nowadays on Ps4. Wouldn't mind a few Wednesdayites on my friends list 

You tried the Vanguard Beta yet? When I'm back on with the PS5 I'll post my PSN name on the Gamers Tags thread. I'll be trying Cold War and Modern Warfare out.

9 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

Its really good and probably the easiest of the souls games so a good intro into the universe. If you get a PS5 and have PS+ you'll also get Bloodborne which is from the same developer and my personnel favourite. Gothic setting and the weapons are much cooler. 

Yeah I was looking for a PS5 game and with Demon's Souls being the first in the series I thought I will get that, plus it looks really good too. I've heard it's the easiest as well, but still hard and it's gonna be even harder for new players like me haha. Also heard good things about Bloodborne too.

12 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

You tried the Vanguard Beta yet? When I'm back on with the PS5 I'll post my PSN name on the Gamers Tags thread. I'll be trying Cold War and Modern Warfare out.

Yeah I was looking for a PS5 game and with Demon's Souls being the first in the series I thought I will get that, plus it looks really good too. I've heard it's the easiest as well, but still hard and it's gonna be even harder for new players like me haha. Also heard good things about Bloodborne too.

Not yet. Haven't registered my code from my pre order. My tag is NinjaSquirrel200 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ridgey The Owl said:

Not yet. Haven't registered my code from my pre order. My tag is NinjaSquirrel200 

It's open to everyone now and has been extended to Wednesday. I very much doubt I'll be buying Vanguard when I come back, probably might just try the free trial days that are sometimes available. Like I said though I'll be trying MW & CW out and might get some older one's like BO4 and MWR, if you are still playing any of those if you buy Vanguard.