What game are you playing?

Chris_B_SWFC

1 hour ago, mozzy85 said:

need to download this, seen a lot of people saying its pretty good fun. 

Yeah nothing serious, just smash it up fun. 

Only negative is I’ve not once found a server to play online. 

On 03/03/2021 at 06:11, mozzy85 said:

Back on Warzone and getting my ass handed to me now. It seems to be so sweaty in any matches I join now. 

Tried the Outriders demo too, quite liked my time with it and if they can give it some polish it'll be worth a buy. 

Are you a good player, if so it's probably skill based matchmaking (the worst thing ever for non competitive game modes and especially BR games.) I remember starting online gaming with CoD: MW2 on the PS3 back in 2009/10 and was around a 1+ K/D ratio player and got better and better with playing against better and worser players, now if you're a good player you get punished and have to sweat it out basically every game. I could go on, like with the connection issues too etc.

• Like 1

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

On 23/05/2021 at 06:10, Incognito Owl said:

Are you a good player, if so it's probably skill based matchmaking (the worst thing ever for non competitive game modes and especially BR games.) I remember starting online gaming with CoD: MW2 on the PS3 back in 2009/10 and was around a 1+ K/D ratio player and got better and better with playing against better and worser players, now if you're a good player you get punished and have to sweat it out basically every game. I could go on, like with the connection issues too etc.

I'm decent and play with people who are pretty good so we do end up in the sweaty lobbies unfortunately.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

I'm decent and play with people who are pretty good so we do end up in the sweaty lobbies unfortunately.

PerkyForkedIcefish-size_restricted.gif 

Sorry for the long reply.

As I said on the previous page, I'm playing Fortnite again and that has it too now. I was just playing the gamemode where you just respawn (basically just tdm) and you couldn't take it easy in most games, I then started playing the proper modes and found it way easy. On my first solo game I got around 10 kills and came 3rd (I should of won and only came up against 2 good players and 1 better one, all 3 I took out) and in my first squads two people left and I got nearly 15 kills along with my squadmate who got a few, we won and the last guy took the longest to take out. I researched it after and found out after each season now the sbmm is reset (for some reason), so I was coming up against the low end of the scale and possible AI/bots that are included at the bottom. 

It all comes down to money really as the devs etc. don't want new/lower skilled players getting stomped most of the time and leaving the game, resulting in potentially not buying anything. I guess online gaming isn't the same as around the 2009-10 times like I said in my previous post, where you destroyed the team in one game and got destroyed yourself etc. in another. It's funny too that those games mostly had a bootcamp/bot gamemode where new players could play in until a certain rank. Maybe something similar would be better now, that includes sbmm kinda too. For example bootcamp - for new players/under a certain skill level, normal - just based on connection and competitive - based on sbmm. BR games are suppose to be random, but sbmm isn't. I remember playing Fortnite when it came out and after and it was easy going/fun, now I'm playing players who have probably won competitions, most of the time.

Finally even crossplay is forced on you now on Fortnite etc. I haven't played it yet, but on Xbox which I'm currently playing on, Warzone is crossplay only while PlayStation has the choice.

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

5 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

PerkyForkedIcefish-size_restricted.gif 

Sorry for the long reply.

As I said on the previous page, I'm playing Fortnite again and that has it too now. I was just playing the gamemode where you just respawn (basically just tdm) and you couldn't take it easy in most games, I then started playing the proper modes and found it way easy. On my first solo game I got around 10 kills and came 3rd (I should of won and only came up against 2 good players and 1 better one, all 3 I took out) and in my first squads two people left and I got nearly 15 kills along with my squadmate who got a few, we won and the last guy took the longest to take out. I researched it after and found out after each season now the sbmm is reset (for some reason), so I was coming up against the low end of the scale and possible AI/bots that are included at the bottom. 

It all comes down to money really as the devs etc. don't want new/lower skilled players getting stomped most of the time and leaving the game, resulting in potentially not buying anything. I guess online gaming isn't the same as around the 2009-10 times like I said in my previous post, where you destroyed the team in one game and got destroyed yourself etc. in another. It's funny too that those games mostly had a bootcamp/bot gamemode where new players could play in until a certain rank. Maybe something similar would be better now, that includes sbmm kinda too. For example bootcamp - for new players/under a certain skill level, normal - just based on connection and competitive - based on sbmm. BR games are suppose to be random, but sbmm isn't. I remember playing Fortnite when it came out and after and it was easy going/fun, now I'm playing players who have probably won competitions, most of the time.

Finally even crossplay is forced on you now on Fortnite etc. I haven't played it yet, but on Xbox which I'm currently playing on, Warzone is crossplay only while PlayStation has the choice.

yeah its no where near as good as it used to be. Back on MW1 me and my team had a 160 something win streak. We were poo hot back then haha. Miss those days. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

yeah its no where near as good as it used to be. Back on MW1 me and my team had a 160 something win streak. We were poo hot back then haha. Miss those days. 

The team/other players I use to play with on PlayStation are mostly a similar age of you (judging by your name.) My peak years with CoD was with BO1, MW3, BO2 and Ghosts. I had 3/4 100+ games on BO1/2 and Ghosts was my hirest K/D ratio at nearly 3, AW broke the CoD addition for me. Yeah those MW1 etc. times were better and it really isn't nostalgia talking. I didn't like MWR as it wasn't/didn't feel the same as the original, though I did always like WaW better. Do your team/friends play as much now? We have kinda disbanded and have lost the passion/drive and are burnt out with online gaming really, the most we have played together since CoD was GTA and then the rest after have been playing Warzone. I've took a long break from gaming properly though, I just need to get back into it.

12 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

The team/other players I use to play with on PlayStation are mostly a similar age of you (judging by your name.) My peak years with CoD was with BO1, MW3, BO2 and Ghosts. I had 3/4 100+ games on BO1/2 and Ghosts was my hirest K/D ratio at nearly 3, AW broke the CoD addition for me. Yeah those MW1 etc. times were better and it really isn't nostalgia talking. I didn't like MWR as it wasn't/didn't feel the same as the original, though I did always like WaW better. Do your team/friends play as much now? We have kinda disbanded and have lost the passion/drive and are burnt out with online gaming really, the most we have played together since CoD was GTA and then the rest after have been playing Warzone. I've took a long break from gaming properly though, I just need to get back into it.

yeah most of us are around mid thirties so priorities have changed, not for me like as I don't want kids. Ghosts burnt me out on CoD. I shifted to Destiny then and put around 4000 hours into that game, honestly it had its issues but its the most fun co-op game I've ever played and have so many good memories from it.

Now I tend to be a trophy *****. I've always played single player games but even more so now. Currently working on Plat number 105, AC Valhalla which i'm really enjoying all though some of the side story stuff is repetitive. 

Thing I love about going after trophies is it's got me playing games I might not have tried otherwise. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mozzy85 said:

yeah most of us are around mid thirties so priorities have changed, not for me like as I don't want kids. Ghosts burnt me out on CoD. I shifted to Destiny then and put around 4000 hours into that game, honestly it had its issues but its the most fun co-op game I've ever played and have so many good memories from it.

Now I tend to be a trophy *****. I've always played single player games but even more so now. Currently working on Plat number 105, AC Valhalla which i'm really enjoying all though some of the side story stuff is repetitive. 

Thing I love about going after trophies is it's got me playing games I might not have tried otherwise. 

Most of our group is the same, but are burnt out. One is older and is a big CoD classic multiplayer fan and he's just playing Warzone now. On Destiny I have only played the demos/beta's and have enjoyed them. I've always thought I would have had to play the first one when it came out to get really into it/them though. I played a lot of Battlefield though. I started with Bad Company 2/the Vietnam expansion - which was ace and 1943, then 3, 4 and 1. I remember being in the top 100 on PS3 for M1911 pistol kills on Bf3.

Nice, one of my Bf friends has 103 platinums. I tried doing this many years ago and got a few and was close to many more, I will try again when I'm back playing properly. On AC Valhalla I have heard it does get a bit boring too.

Gone back to World of Warcraft.

They just brought out The Burning Crusade out for WoW Classic - This expansion is when I really got into WoW any years ago, so playing for some nostalgia. 

• Like 2

Still playing tanks, finished top 8 in clan battles tournament, 3 marked a couple of tanks.  Wish theyd fix these bugs. Dont play Cold War mode.

Community is still as toxic as Sellafields drainage system. But hey its fun.

• Love 1

On 08/06/2021 at 08:31, Skyline said:

Gone back to World of Warcraft.

They just brought out The Burning Crusade out for WoW Classic - This expansion is when I really got into WoW any years ago, so playing for some nostalgia. 

I never really stopped playing since it launched all those years ago

Just steady levelling multiple numbers of alts through retail

I tried classic when it originally launched, but having played through classic when it was just standard wow, the nostalgia did nothing for me, too many retail QOL changes that made classic a real drag

18 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

I never really stopped playing since it launched all those years ago

Just steady levelling multiple numbers of alts through retail

I tried classic when it originally launched, but having played through classic when it was just standard wow, the nostalgia did nothing for me, too many retail QOL changes that made classic a real drag

Wouldn't even know where to begin in retail.

I played TBC through to WOTLK.

I don't remember levelling being this slow though! But maybe as it was all new, it didn't seem as slow. 

14 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Wouldn't even know where to begin in retail.

I played TBC through to WOTLK.

I don't remember levelling being this slow though! But maybe as it was all new, it didn't seem as slow. 

I remember it used to take aaaaages to level back when it was fresh.

Retail is a lot more streamlined experience these days, you create your character, level to level 10, there's a neat visit to Chromie to pick which expansion you want to level in, the you play that expansion until you hit 50 and then you play through the current content until 60.  They've even created a beginner island for 1 - 10 now so you don't have to level to 10 in Elwynn Forest or the other races equivalents 

It's a world away from Classic though.

One sub works for both classic & retail doesn't it? Worth popping your head into retail just to see how vastly different it is

On 08/06/2021 at 13:28, acquiescefc said:

Still playing tanks, finished top 8 in clan battles tournament, 3 marked a couple of tanks.  Wish theyd fix these bugs. Dont play Cold War mode.

Community is still as toxic as Sellafields drainage system. But hey its fun.

World of Tanks?

18 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

yes

I use to play it, but haven't got around to it properly yet. I was a average and sometimes good player. Also like you kinda said it's flawed, but fun. I love learning about the tanks too.  I'm still not sure on UI/menu changes for the release of the Cold War mode though. Also the highest I got to was tier 8 with the American T32 heavy, my favourite tanks have been the T29, Sherman Jumbo, KV1, Matilda and AT2. When I start again I'm looking at any heavy line aside from the Americans, the American or British heavy armoured TD lines or any medium lines that are like heavies. Have you got any recommendations?

3 hours ago, Incognito Owl said:

I use to play it, but haven't got around to it properly yet. I was a average and sometimes good player. Also like you kinda said it's flawed, but fun. I love learning about the tanks too.  I'm still not sure on UI/menu changes for the release of the Cold War mode though. Also the highest I got to was tier 8 with the American T32 heavy, my favourite tanks have been the T29, Sherman Jumbo, KV1, Matilda and AT2. When I start again I'm looking at any heavy line aside from the Americans, the American or British heavy armoured TD lines or any medium lines that are like heavies. Have you got any recommendations?

Its hugely different since 6.0 dropped in December as it seems to be built on a different engine.  A lot of people left the game because a lot of the things that worked hadnt been carried over.  Its a much easier game in a way, guns are so accurate now and ppl's 20+ perk crews all gone now with 9 slot max now.
Theyre slowly bringing things back but bugs and maps that disappeared is mega frustrating.

My stats were awful, as i yoloed a lot and didnt care about stats.  Decided to play with better people and learn the game more and it massively helps.  Not a fan of Cold War mode, i free XP'ed the Abrams and played a few games but theres so few playing it they have to have Bots in the lobby.  And its just boring, no variety just mediums in first Era's, then heavys come in.  and silver cost of tanks is disgusting.

T29 line is great, can handle themselves in +2 matches.  E100 line is good, Tigers are dependable.  For TDs, i loved the chinese line. Decent armour/speed unlike the AT line and high pen.  Honestly most of the best tanks are some of the Premiums, Draugen is a beast at Tier 8. Quick medium and hits for 400.  So many autoloaders as well these days.

Season pass is worth getting, 2k gold and you get that much back in stage rewards and theres a couple of free tanks along the way. 

Its a lot better than it was after 6.0, its a fun but frustrating game. 

• Love 1

Just downloaded the remastered Mass Effect collection. Don't really want to start it until I have other things out of the way (painting a load of miniatures for some of my tabletop games first) but can't wait to get it going - remember the series with fondness so it'll be great to play it again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Owl Be Back said:

Just downloaded the remastered Mass Effect collection. Don't really want to start it until I have other things out of the way (painting a load of miniatures for some of my tabletop games first) but can't wait to get it going - remember the series with fondness so it'll be great to play it again.

It’s just as good as ever mate.

My other half had never played them, so I got it for her. She was hooked and played all 3 games in 4 weeks.

The remastered graphics look great, the voice acting/characters/story are all as good as you remember, and it’s really great seeing the improvements between games. I never realised how much the series changed over the trilogy. 

• Like 1