The NEW NEW Last Film You Saw Thread

Pompeyowl

Bloody Sunday

8/10

A good film, but can't help it's very much anti-British. Great cast and acting performances. 

I watched this a few weeks ago. Shock horror that a film made by the Irish film board was to prtray one of their films as anti British.

I had to turn it off some way through the film and (much like when I watched Hunger) wondered why I bothered in the first place.

meh, didnt seem like a hugely funny film, the odd cheap laugh and thats it.

I didn't even see any reason for a an odd, cheap laugh! I really don't know why he was laughing. Maybe it was because of the age of the actors and it was out of character for them to have a gun in their hand? I have no idea!

The Adjustment Bureu

Yes, I've seen it before, and yes, I pretty much only watched it again because Emily Blunt is sooooo fit.

However, I do like the concept of the film. It kind of makes you think about whether there is a reason why you inexcusable trip up, drop things, or do something that generally you would never bat an eyelid to.

Enjoyed it as much as I did the first time (not only because of Blunt's short skirt).

9/10

I watched this a few weeks ago. Shock horror that a film made by the Irish film board was to prtray one of their films as anti British.

I had to turn it off some way through the film and (much like when I watched Hunger) wondered why I bothered in the first place.

Did you not feel a sense of unjustness towards the people who were shot at.

The ones who clearly didnt have any weapons who just looked like they might have.

As a Brit living in ireland i feel ashamed watching it and no wonder they have (mostly) hated our fricking guts for some time.

Did you not feel a sense of unjustness towards the people who were shot at.

The ones who clearly didnt have any weapons who just looked like they might have.

As a Brit living in ireland i feel ashamed watching it and no wonder they have (mostly) hated our fricking guts for some time.

I really don't want to get into another long winded discussion about the 'who's right' and 'who's wrong's in a very complicated and long drawn situation as the UK / Ireland one. 

However, yes, you have to feel sympathetic towards the innocent people and the families of those who devastatingly lost their lives that day. 

Unfortunately I feel that only one voice is ever heard when it comes to this matter and, as has been said millions of times over and over, there are two sides to every story.

As a proud British man I find it hard to watch anything that puts my beloved country in a bad light.

I've never heard of Chastain! Beckinsale will always be my number one. She is currently being closely marked by Alexandra Daddario though. I'd love to see them two do naughty things to each other!

Throw in Kunis, Arterton and Blunt and you have an amazing lesbian orgy that will make you spaff your kacks before the action got going.

Also I sat through Gulliver's Travels starring Jack Black this past weekend.

Holy sh*t. I know there was a period of a couple of years where they tried to make Jack Black into a lead star but let's be thankful that period has ended.

What a dreadful film. The only near bright spot was Chris O'Dowd and even he couldn't salvage anything from this.

If you have to watch this, I mean if you are made to watch this by someone then make sure you turn it off before the big song and dance number at the end which is truly horrible. Either that or kill/horrifically injure a family member before it starts so you have to go to jail or something.

Dogshit. 1/10

What a dreadful film. The only near bright spot was Chris O'Dowd and even he couldn't salvage anything from this.

Could apply this to Bridesmaids aswell.

It tries really hard to show that women can be funny, all it does is prove that they generally can't.  Melissa McCarthy has the odd mildly funny moment here and there but most of the time I was just thinking,  my god the bride is a total dog

Also watched Hunger Games 2 for some reason the other day, as with the first one it looks impressive and some surprisingly decent performances but just when the film is supposed to get going, nothing really happens and it ends up being really dull - 6/10 at best.

Edited by Lee A

Bridesmaids is watchable in a "something funny is going to happen in a minute" way. Just a shame nothing really does. Again Chris O'Dowd is ok but doesn't really have much to work with. 

Not comparable with Gulliver's Travels. That may have worked it's way into my worst 5 films ever seen. It's not close enough to Johnny English or Battlefield Earth to be a worst film ever though.