The NEW NEW Last Film You Saw Thread

Pompeyowl

Finally got round to watching Shutter Island. 

Brilliant 

9/10

Plot twist was great. 

Also on the prison vibe I watched Escape from Alcatraz with Clint Eastwood playing the infamous Frank Morris.

8/10 

Again, a very good film. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

Captain Phillips. 7.5/10

Decent film, pretty intense and Hanks is typically good

Although found it funny to learn that the real life crew actually hate Captain Phillips and think his arrogance contributed to what happened

Up

Clever storyline, well written from the Toy Story/Finding Nemo lot. Didn't understand where he got all the dogs from but apart from that it was good. Mrs Poric was almost in tears when Carl's wife died at the start.

7/10

D.O.A Dead or Alive

Much like most of these martial arts type films there is a lot of crap acting, many crap fight scenes, cheesey lines and dodgy effects. The story line is not the best either.

However, Holly Valance and several other lovely bits of crumpet..... There is a big us side! No scenes as good and horny as the mud wrestling scene in Mortal Kombat, but still plenty of opportunity to crack one out.

6/10

World war z

Bit of a strange one really and not sure what to make of it

Great effects, but I just got the impression that the story was made up as it went along, and they eventually ran out of ideas towards the end

6/10

Would have been much higher if they could have come up with a satisfying ending

Edited by Stoop kid

Captain Phillips. 7.5/10

Decent film, pretty intense and Hanks is typically good

Although found it funny to learn that the real life crew actually hate Captain Phillips and think his arrogance contributed to what happened

I loved it.

The last scene by Hanks was a masterclass in acting.

I also think it was very realistic to what life on board merchant navy ships is like.

Oh and for the record, from experience 9/10 ships captains are twunts lol

Agreed if you mean when he's shown as being in a state of shock. To be fair he's brilliant throughout

The Somali bloke deserves all the supporting actor nominations he's getting too.

Edited by Lee A