The NEW NEW Last Film You Saw Thread

48 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

That looks really terrible, might watch it.

Have you watched Money Plane yet?

It's all the dogger films with thrown in sharknado. Just amazing. 

Should I? 

45 minutes ago, jambler said:

It's all the dogger films with thrown in sharknado. Just amazing. 

Should I? 

I mean, you tell me...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

I mean, you tell me...

Was sat in hospital waiting room and thought will have a quick butchers at the brief. 

Saw Rotten Tomatoes has it at 23%. Thought yup  my sort of film.

On 28/02/2021 at 00:59, Groundhopping Owl said:

I really enjoyed this too, the music is brilliant and the chemistry between Mortensen and Ali carries it all the way.

I do fear it's going to turn into one of those Oscar winners where people so vehemently disagree with it winning the top award that it ends up being regarded as crap.

On 25/02/2021 at 22:19, BIG D said:

Green Book on Prime. Very good 8.5/10. Didn’t realise it had won Oscar for best movie. 

Great recommendation. 

• Thanks 1

Another recommendation for Green Book here. Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great acting and a brilliant soundtrack.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Justbeanz said:

Another recommendation for Green Book here. Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great acting and a brilliant soundtrack.

I shall watch this tonight. 

• Like 1

Can’t even remember it’s name from last night but the new Tom Hanks one on Netflix. 

7/10. Only good because I love him. 

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Can’t even remember it’s name from last night but the new Tom Hanks one on Netflix. 

7/10. Only good because I love him. 

News Of The World?

The Exterminating Angel by Luis Bunuel from 1965

Sureal drama about guests at fancy diner party that for some reason just can't leave. 

Legendary film by a Legendary director. 

8.5/10

• Like 1

Watched two last night:

1. 1917. Nice Scorses-esque tracking shots through the trenches. Minimal story, but well done. 7/10.

2. Knives Out. Loved it. CIS KFC, indeed. 8.5/10.

Edited by DVDA
  • Like 1

Coming to America.

Held up well from when I last saw it 20 years ago. Nice to see the Deputy Chief of Baltimore PD (The Wire) as a slum landlord, and a Cuba Gooding Jr. cameo (pre-fame). 

7/10.

Weathering With You (2019)

image.png.364a07568ca43663374f730da3e5cb45.png

I have a real soft spot for Japanese animation. This Tokyo set story of the relationship between a teenage runaway and a girl with the ability to control the weather isn't up there with the best, but is suitably heart warming and beautifully drawn.

World War Z

Read the book a few years ago and thought I'd give the film a try. It's got virtually nothing to do with the book apart from the title and the zombies. 

Brad Pitt is very good. The early outbreak part is quite good and the scenes in Israel are excellent. It's really nicely paced for the first two thirds but then ends with a whimper.

They clearly had this set up as a first part of a two parter and didn't want to blow their load in the first film. Now they have apparently cancelled the sequel completely it makes the ending look even less inspiring and the whole film a little sloppy. 

6/10

Watched Peterloo on Saturday. A film about the Peterloo massacre. British aristocracy at it's finest. 

Not a bad film better if it had been about 30 minutes shorter.

• Like 1

Watched Tag over the weekend.

Partially true story based comedy about a group of forty somethings that have kept a game of Tag going since school.

Was a bit stupid but passed a couple of hours as I was feeling a bit shitty on Saturday and raised a few smiles in places

Watched The Girl on the Train last week.

Enjoyed it more than I thought I was going to. Not really what I expected 7/10