The NEW NEW Last Film You Saw Thread

Pedal the World on Netflix.

Jumps around a bit with lack of maps to places visited, but a pleasant watch nonetheless 5.5/10

Not a film as such but I watched the Bruno Tyson documentary on Sky over the weekend.

Worth a watch and it’s a bit style over substance but a good watch nonetheless. Tyson has literally dominated his life and I get the feeling well after retirement as well, can imagine he still dreams of that fight most nights. 

4 hours ago, Essix Blue said:

Man Down. 

Wow

Quite a film 

8/10

I wasn't sure what to make of it at first..then wham you know why..

• Like 1

Escape from Pretoria on Amazon Prime 6.5/10

True story and apartheid context was great to learn about. However, I can't take Daniel Radcliffe seriously and also Escape from Alcatraz will always be my elite prison break movie. 

Just watched the 1997 remake of one of my all-time top films - 12 Angry Men.

OK once you’ve watched the original nothing will be as good, but nonetheless it’s excellent.

The wonderful Jack Lemon has the Henry Fonda role, and the magnificent James Gandolfini takes the Jack Clugman role, and George C Scott plays the Lee J Cobb part.

Plenty of other recognisable faces. 

£3 on Prime at present.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"About time"

Enjoyable.

Easy to pick holes in it if you are so inclined but why not sit back and enjoy it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

OK once you’ve watched the original nothing will be as good, but nonetheless it’s excellent.

The wonderful Jack Lemon has the Henry Fonda role, and the magnificent James Gandolfini takes the Jack Clugman role, and George C Scott plays the Lee J Cobb part.

£3 on Prime at present.

Watched the original yesterday daytime. Joys of being furloughed. I have the original on blu ray and tend to watch it annually. Such a great film. Lee Cobb is superb, i love the tension and atmosphere in the room for the whole movie. One of the greats. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Watched the original yesterday daytime. Joys of being furloughed. I have the original on blu ray and tend to watch it annually. Such a great film. Lee Cobb is superb, i love the tension and atmosphere in the room for the whole movie. One of the greats. 

My 22 year old daughter watched the original. She normally laughs at my oldie choices but loved 12 Angry Men

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

My 22 year old daughter watched the original. She normally laughs at my oldie choices but loved 12 Angry Men

To be fair mate I'm 25, I just grew up watching old films from a young age! Thanks to parents and grandparents for that. 

Black Book 8/10

Quite wow'd by this. 2006 Dutch resistance ww2 movie. Bit far fetched at times, almost Tarantino-esque but also utterly compelling and Carice Van Houten is superb as the lead. If you like WW2 movies and haven't seen this then I recommend it, it also blurs the lines between good and evil really well with both sides coming out ugly. 

Empire of the Sun  7/10

I had never got round to seeing it before but a decent watch.  Not such a  gruesome portrayal of Japanese prison camps but a good story none the less. A very young Christian Bale does a good job in the leading role.

Showing on BBC iPlayer

• Love 1

Lawrence of Arabia. One I'd always wanted to watch but never got around to it. Finally did as an in-flight movie.

1 hour ago, Mickjj said:

Empire of the Sun  7/10

I had never got round to seeing it before but a decent watch.  Not such a  gruesome portrayal of Japanese prison camps but a good story none the less. A very young Christian Bale does a good job in the leading role.

Showing on BBC iPlayer

Saw that this week too for the first time. I've read a few JG Ballard novels when younger and was surprised to see this film is basically a semi autobiographical account of his life growing up in Japan occupied China during WW2. What a life. Great film. 

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Black Book 8/10

Quite wow'd by this. 2006 Dutch resistance ww2 movie. Bit far fetched at times, almost Tarantino-esque but also utterly compelling and Carice Van Houten is superb as the lead. If you like WW2 movies and haven't seen this then I recommend it, it also blurs the lines between good and evil really well with both sides coming out ugly. 

Black Book. Blond Bush.

• Love 1
On 02/03/2021 at 10:16, Holmowl said:

£3 on Prime at present.

Just reminded me of Jack Clugman, totally forgot he stared here. 

My favorite Twilight Zone alumni. 

57 minutes ago, jambler said:

Jurassic Island. 

My word. Probably one of the worst films ever made. 

Loved it.

@Adem Poric one of those I know you will enjoy. 

That looks really terrible, might watch it.

Have you watched Money Plane yet?