The NEW NEW Last Film You Saw Thread

6 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Just watched the Italian Job for the first time.

Thought it was okay, but not the absolute classic that many people say it is.

7/10

It hasn’t aged very well, but back in the 70s when I first saw it I was like wow

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

All The Presidents Men

First time watching in about ten years and it's still as perfect as ever.  

10/10

Yes. Need to watch that again 

2 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

It's on iplayer for the next week or so.

Great cheers 

Watched The Dig last night.

Absolutely beautiful film. Full of charm, superb actors, stunning filming and gives you a real sense of the thrill for those involved in the find.

If, like me, you loved The Detectorists, this is a joy. 

Carey Mulligan and Ralph Feines perfectly cast IMO, despite lots of critics saying they should have chosen an actress in her 50s.

I watched most of the first Bad Boys again late last night on one of the sky movie channels. It's a good film for what it is and made me laugh a lot, also Téa Leoni is smoking in it haha. I haven't seen the new film yet though?

-yvrlK5JjV-x.jpg 

gh78nwsjgek00kj.jpg?skj2io4l 

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

1 hour ago, Incognito Owl said:

I watched most of the first Bad Boys again late last night on one of the sky movie channels. It's a good film for what it is and made me laugh a lot, also Téa Leoni is smoking in it haha. I haven't seen the new film yet though?

-yvrlK5JjV-x.jpg 

gh78nwsjgek00kj.jpg?skj2io4l 

The new one is pure trash. Well I thought it was anyway. 

• Thanks 2
27 minutes ago, jambler said:

The new one is pure trash. Well I thought it was anyway. 

Thanks, it did look like it from the trailer. Not good/funny etc, but cheesy.

"The trouble with "lessons from history" is that we usually read them best after falling flat on our chins."   

"Girls are simply wonderful. Just to stand on a corner and watch them go past is delightful. They don't walk. At least not what we do when we walk. I don't know how to describe it, but it's much more complex and utterly delightful. They don't move just their feet; everything moves and in different directions . . . and all of it graceful."  Starship Troopers, Amen!        

Some decent films on the iPlayer for free at the moment

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (available until 23.30 on the 8th Feb)

The Place Beyond the Pines

Young Guns 

End of Watch (expires 2am 9th)

Night crawler 

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri 

Stellar performances from Woody Harrelson Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell. 

This won a raft of awards and numerous nominations, and is extremely funny in parts (black comedy). Story of a woman who’s daughter is raped and murdered and her frustrations in the small town police force and all that comes with it. 

Recommended

Available on All4 as was on Film4 tonight.  

7 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri 

Stellar performances from Woody Harrelson Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell. 

This won a raft of awards and numerous nominations, and is extremely funny in parts (black comedy). Story of a woman who’s daughter is raped and murdered and her frustrations in the small town police force and all that comes with it. 

Recommended

Available on All4 as was on Film4 tonight.  

That was one of those films I wasn't sure I was going to like, but ended up thinking was brilliant. I think what made it for me was the way the character types were inverted against expectations. While you understood the pain and frustration that Mildred Hayes was feeling, it was difficult to sympathise unconditionally with someone who really wasn't very nice. By contrast, the object of her ire, Chief Willoughby, was both thoroughly decent and gracious in the face of her campaign against him, while battling terminal illness. Good ending as well, somewhat ambiguous but at the same time you got the feeling that both Mildred and her nemesis, Officer Dixon (Sam Rockwell, boiling with loathing at least as much against himself as her) had jointly given themselves a chance of redemption.