MMA

Pompeyowl

You have to wonder what might have been for Bisping if TRT wasn't allowed over the years.

Knocked out by a beastly right hand from Dan Henderson..... TRT user. Will probably retire now.

Lost a close decission fight (which I think he won) to Chael Sonnen..... TRT user.

Knocked out by Vitor Belfort with head kick...... Used TRT to turn himself from respectible MMA fighter to cheating Hulk.

He doesn't make any excuses about this, but had TRT been banned when it should have been years ago, Bisping may well have found himself higher up the pecking order.

You have to wonder what might have been for Bisping if TRT wasn't allowed over the years.

Knocked out by a beastly right hand from Dan Henderson..... TRT user. Will probably retire now.

Lost a close decission fight (which I think he won) to Chael Sonnen..... TRT user.

Knocked out by Vitor Belfort with head kick...... Used TRT to turn himself from respectible MMA fighter to cheating Hulk.

He doesn't make any excuses about this, but had TRT been banned when it should have been years ago, Bisping may well have found himself higher up the pecking order.

He tweeted about it after the ruling banning TRT last night, saying that you could argue he now only has one loss and that he wants a title shot after he beats Kennedy.

He tweeted about it after the ruling banning TRT last night, saying that you could argue he now only has one loss and that he wants a title shot after he beats Kennedy.

He's got a point. Unfortunately I think the middleweight division has got so much stronger in the past few years. 

If TRT was banned several years ago he may well have had his shot, and I think he would havegiven Silva the biggest test of his title tenure up until Weidman.

He's got a point. Unfortunately I think the middleweight division has got so much stronger in the past few years. 

If TRT was banned several years ago he may well have had his shot, and I think he would havegiven Silva the biggest test of his title tenure up until Weidman.

I like Bisping, he plays the game well with the promoting of fights etc, but I think Silva would've put him in hospital within the first 3 minutes of the fight. He was a stylistic nightmare for Bisping.

Anyway, Machida is a much more dangerous opponent for Weidman. He would've taken Belfort down and mauled him with punches and elbows, he isn't going to be able to do the same with Machida. Weidman's aggressive always going forward style plays into Machida's hands so I'm really interested to see how this one turns out.

Guest Salopian Owl

I think at the very least if Bisping beats Kennedy and Vitor is still out of the picture that he should get a #1 contender match with Jacare Souza. This is all assuming Weidman/Machida is one sided and a rematch isn't an option.

I like Bisping, he plays the game well with the promoting of fights etc, but I think Silva would've put him in hospital within the first 3 minutes of the fight. He was a stylistic nightmare for Bisping.

Anyway, Machida is a much more dangerous opponent for Weidman. He would've taken Belfort down and mauled him with punches and elbows, he isn't going to be able to do the same with Machida. Weidman's aggressive always going forward style plays into Machida's hands so I'm really interested to see how this one turns out.

I thi k it would have gone one of two ways with Silva. Either the scenario that you have put or Bisping out working Silva.

Can't agree any more about Machida / Vitor / Weidman.

I think at the very least if Bisping beats Kennedy and Vitor is still out of the picture that he should get a #1 contender match with Jacare Souza. This is all assuming Weidman/Machida is one sided and a rematch isn't an option.

Scary thought. Jacare is a beast!

Vitor has now contradicted the UFC and said he didn't withdraw, he was taken out of the fight by the UFC.

Also, the results of the random drug test he was forced to do at the MMA Awards won't be revealed unless he reveals them himself because he wasn't licensed at the time so the commission can't release them. Which means he failed the test if he chooses not to reveal the results.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/2/28/5457118/results-of-vitor-belforts-random-drug-test-will-not-be-released

Guest Salopian Owl

Looked to glance him a la Weidman vs Munoz rather than clock him flush a la Jones vs Gustafsson.