MMA

Pompeyowl

I reckon Machida vs Mousasi is gonna be a snoozefest because they'll just dance around each other, neither wanting to engage first.

Dana is throwing Overeem under the bus BIG TIME.

"He's not the biggest bust we've ever had because I never believed in him in the first place" and that "His rib will miraculously heal the minute we get JDS another fight".

I don't know..... I rather enjoyed that fight card in the end.

Gutted for Ogle. He was always up against it against Oliveira in Brazil. He was always going to take the fight to the ground, but Ogle was tough and I had him winning round two. He was never going to get the win though, but made it very tough for Oliveira.

Fair play to Musoke for toughing out the first round and getting the win to upset the home crowd. That was a very well grafted win. I look forward to seeing him again.

Souza v Carmont was a pretty good fight. It was pretty back and forth. I think if the fight stayed on the feet Carmont could well have picked up the win. It's a real feather in the cap of Souza. Both are very tough fighters and should do well in that division.

Mousassi appeared to be a walking punchbag for Machida. He didn't take a massive deal of punishment, but he really didn't throw up anything overly impressive either. Machida for a title shot next?

Oh and how do you feel about this weekend's fights?

I think McMann is going to be the toughest opponent Rousey has faced..... But I relly hope Rowdy gets through the test and comes out still champion.

She's done exactly the right prep by training with Rick Hawn. Olympic Judoka and 18-2 in his MMA career. Can't see Rousey chucking her about like she did to Miesha.

Oh and how do you feel about this weekend's fights?

I think McMann is going to be the toughest opponent Rousey has faced..... But I relly hope Rowdy gets through the test and comes out still champion.

She's the most credible threat to Rousey in WMMA at the moment, unfortunately nobody outside the hardcore fans really knows who she is so this fight won't draw the money or attention that it should.

I think Rousey is going to abuse her in the clinch then submit her.

She's done exactly the right prep by training with Rick Hawn. Olympic Judoka and 18-2 in his MMA career. Can't see Rousey chucking her about like she did to Miesha.

Me neither. She'll be the biggest test of Rowdy's career so far. The thing that may just get Ronda through this fight could be her proffessionality.

She's the most credible threat to Rousey in WMMA at the moment, unfortunately nobody outside the hardcore fans really knows who she is so this fight won't draw the money or attention that it should.

I think Rousey is going to abuse her in the clinch then submit her.

To be fair I think the UFC marketing department have sold this as well as they possibly could.

Happy for DC, but that's not going to get him a title shot, Cummins blatantly had no business being in the same building as him. Shame Maia lost, I love watching his BJJ. Was NOT expecting Ronda to win like that. Who's left now unless they bring Cyborg in? They can't sell anyone as a legit threat.

I suppose Zingano is the one seeing as she already earned the shot, dunno how her recovery from her blown out knee is going though. Zingano in the summer, Cyborg in December? Dana says he wants Cyborg to make 135 a couple of times in other organisations before he'll put her into a fight with Ronda. Also, apparently Ronda's trainer predicted on the MMA Hour that she was gonna win by KO/TKO. She's so far ahead of every other woman in the game it's ridiculous.

Was quite disappointed to be honest with that card overall. Would have loved Maia to have won, he looked so good in that first round but looked like a drunk man fighting in the rest of the fight. The DC fight went as expected, was a bit of a joke putting Cummins in there with him. Think the Rousey fight was probably stopped to early by herb dean especially after imo letting the Pyle fight go on too long, would have loved her to be tested a bit more, still can't warm to Rousey. Surely it's time for cyborg now, I can't see anyone else coming close

Edited by WalthamOwl

I really enjoyed the fight card to be honest.

Like has already been said..... Gutted that Maia couldn't pull it together for rounds two and three. He was very predictable from the start and didn't set up his takedowns. If he had I think he could have won the fight. Telegraphing the takedowns lost him the fight from his perspective, but Rory looked sharp.

I think it was a massive step too far for Pat Cummins to step in on ten days notice and fight DC. He should never have taken the fight. He may have what it takes to beat DC, but you need atleast a year or two to settle into the topflight of MMA before competing against fighters like DC. I agree again that DC should not get a title fight off the back of this fight.

Finally we see Rousey win without her armbar. Her proffessionality is immense. She is improving at a very fast pace and I always look forward to seeing her fight. She makes me nervous when she strikes though as she never seems to cover up. I don't think the fight was stopped too early. From Herb Dean's point of view, I suppose if you drop to the floor from a body shot and you don't cover up, you're as good as done. I think this fight confirms that UFC fans will boo just about anything. There was one bloke clearly near the front who you could hear especially seeming to boo five times louder than anyone else. What a wee pipe.

Gil was never going to Bellator. Could lead to a lot of top guys letting their contracts run down before testing free agency and forcing UFC to match any offer they receive.

Don't think it was a mistake for Cummins to take the DC fight. Obviously very little chance of victory, but probably saw that the geezer they brought in to fight Mousasi was given another chance, and he's likely to get a fight against someone at the bottom of the food chain next.