Jump to content

Wrestling Thread


aeroswfc

Recommended Posts

Basically, yeah.

 

Flair's naked under the robe stunt is well known. That's been out there for some time and there are a few examples of women in wrestling telling that story. He's always got away with it because he's Ric Flair. It's outrageous if he tried to get the attendant to grab his piece and it got covered up by WWE and nothing was done to Flair. JR looks disgusted in himself when he gets called out for that.

 

I think Terri has told the Lesnar story before too. Pretty sure "little red dick" was trending last year after an interview she did. Brock also known to have done that before multiple times. WWE ignores it.

 

The Scott Hall bit was new to me. He was fired immediately after the plane ride but the story was always that he got so drunk/high they thought he was dead when they wheeled him off the flight. He's claimed he got "H bombed" and he remembers none of it. 

 

The two biggest things were surely RVD saying everyone was aware that certain wrestlers H bombed women and raped them while unconscious (WTAF?) and Tommy Dreamer being one of the biggest sexual assault/rape apologist scumbags of all time.

 

Conrad Thompson has been doing a Dark Side podcast earlier in the series so i'm interested in hearing that seeing as he's friends with a lot of people on that show and married to Flair's daughter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Cornette does reviews if them too...that'll make some interesting listening.

 

Suspect they'll be a lot of boys will be boys and that's how it was bs.

 

Cornette has dismissed it in the past as "hijinx". 

 

Confirmed that Dreamer has been suspended by Impact indefinitely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Managed to watched the episode earlier, wouldnt suprise me if the suspension of Dreamer isnt the only thing to happen. The stories of flair are notorious over the years and this could open up a can of worms for him. 

 

Never been a big fan of his or Scott Hall and it definitely didnt put either of them across well. 

 

What did suprise me is Vince and Linda didnt get involves and just left JR to deal with things on the plane. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

 

Cornette has dismissed it in the past as "hijinx". 

 

Confirmed that Dreamer has been suspended by Impact indefinitely. 

Yep. I like listening to Cornette, but some of his takes leave a lot to be desired.

 

I fear his views on all this will be one of those. 

 

There is hijinx and there is sexually harassing/assaulting people.

 

You could tell that air hostess was still traumatised by the whole thing.

 

As for Impact, there not having a great run with the people in charge of that brand. There were a series of allegations made against Don Callis before he departed and now you've got Dreamer making a complete arse of himself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/09/2021 at 14:16, Adem Poric said:

Basically, yeah.

 

Flair's naked under the robe stunt is well known. That's been out there for some time and there are a few examples of women in wrestling telling that story. He's always got away with it because he's Ric Flair. It's outrageous if he tried to get the attendant to grab his piece and it got covered up by WWE and nothing was done to Flair. JR looks disgusted in himself when he gets called out for that.

 

I think Terri has told the Lesnar story before too. Pretty sure "little red dick" was trending last year after an interview she did. Brock also known to have done that before multiple times. WWE ignores it.

 

The Scott Hall bit was new to me. He was fired immediately after the plane ride but the story was always that he got so drunk/high they thought he was dead when they wheeled him off the flight. He's claimed he got "H bombed" and he remembers none of it. 

 

The two biggest things were surely RVD saying everyone was aware that certain wrestlers H bombed women and raped them while unconscious (WTAF?) and Tommy Dreamer being one of the biggest sexual assault/rape apologist scumbags of all time.

 

Conrad Thompson has been doing a Dark Side podcast earlier in the series so i'm interested in hearing that seeing as he's friends with a lot of people on that show and married to Flair's daughter.

 

Bloody hell that is outageous!

 

I do remember the Lesnar story now you've mentioned it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched all of Dynamite from last week and thought it was very solid show. 

 

No outstanding matches, but plenty of solid TV matches and some good promos. 

 

Felt the show flowed pretty well and had less of that schizophrenic feel that is sometimes an issue (for me) with AEW. 

 

Perhaps they're still trying to cram a bit too much into two hours, but I thought the pacing of this show was pretty good. 

 

Only bit I didn't over like was the Cody Rhodes/Black bit. From where I'm sitting, it appears that AEW is solely a vehicle for Cody to try and launch his career elsewhere, hence why we have one of his co-judges, Rosario Dawson, involved in the whole thing. Just feels like everything involving Cody these days exists in it's own bubble, completely separate from the rest of the show. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

Danielson v Omega 🔥 

 

Awesome match, really interested to find out how many people tuned in to watch this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, malek said:

 

Awesome match, really interested to find out how many people tuned in to watch this. 

 

Just under 1.3m.

 

It'll be interesting to see the quarter hours breakdown to see how high they were at the start. You guess that quite a few people might have tuned out after the Punk promo. Which is a shame as the Sting/Darby v FTR tag was great and the main event really solid too.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Adem Poric said:

 

Just under 1.3m.

 

It'll be interesting to see the quarter hours breakdown to see how high they were at the start. You guess that quite a few people might have tuned out after the Punk promo. Which is a shame as the Sting/Darby v FTR tag was great and the main event really solid too.

 

Thanks mate. 

 

You are right, it would be interesting to find out how many people changed channel to watch this match and even more interesting how many changed it back once match was over. 

 

Hoped it would be bit more than 1.3m though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.3 million is good, but it shows how hard it is to build a wrasslin audience in this day and age.

 

Just not sure there is loads of new or one time fans out there to capitalise on tbh.

 

Several years ago Raw was still getting 3 to 4 million fans. Now they scrape 2 million on a good day.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...