Wrestling Thread

aeroswfc

Aero - I think you need more depth to your ratings system than crap, ok and good - if nothing else, just for the Shield v Wyatts. That was MOTY contender!

Also, no way Brock will end the streak. Undertaker is old school. If anybody beats him, it will be to give someone a MASSIVE push - and it will be down to him whether it happes or not, you would imagine. Remember when he came back last time and faced Ambrose on Smackdown? First time he'd appeared on a TV show in years to wrestle. People thought it was to sniff out Ambrose as a potential push later down the line. None of his recent opponents have needed anything remotely like a push. Out of current stars, I could see Reigns or Wyatt doing it.

Speaking of Wyatt - what a push he's getting.

• Beating the top guy in the WWE at the minute, Bryan (who recently beat Cena clean, and soon afterwards beat the current champion clean) at the Rumble
  • His faction toppling The Shield in emphatic fashion
  • Facing Mr. WWE John Cena at Wrestlemania 30.

Reigns too, with the Rumble record and subsequent 'Superman' attempts to clean up the Wyatts against all odds.

Edited by townend_owl

The Wyatt's vs Shield match is legit one of the best matches I've ever seen. That could have been plucked from an attitude era match and I wouldn't have questioned it.

I don't watch much wrasslin at all anymore, usually dip in and out when I vaguely hear that something interesting is going on. When I watched Wrestlemania last year The Shield were the ONE positive I took from it and now The Wyatt's are just adding to it. Great match, great booking. So watch Triple H bury the sh*t out of it.

Enjoyed the main event as well. Christian looked an odd choice but played his part. Cesaro and Shaemus were great.

For the first time since I first stopped watching it I feel like there's reason to watch it without the "old guard" being involved. All the interesting stuff is involving new guys. Obviously Undertaker gets his WM match, I still think Brock is good value and Cena will always be around, but other than that all the stuff I want to see at WM involves people I didn't see 10 years ago.

I see the Undertaker has returned to challenge Brock at wrestlemania. Am i correct in thinking these 2 really dislike each other in real life? Surely Brock wont be the one to end the streak?

REAL............LIFE?

what are you trying to say?!!!

I see the Undertaker has returned to challenge Brock at wrestlemania. Am i correct in thinking these 2 really dislike each other in real life? Surely Brock wont be the one to end the streak?

Just seen a bit about this as well. They had a bit of a stare down/square up after one of Brock's UFC matches and apparently there's some personal history there. Undertaker has been trying to wrestle him for years apparently.

Could be interesting, although I don't think they'll end the streak.

Watched the end of Raw earlier. No wrestling from what I saw, but it was Brock Lesnar signing a Wrestlemania contractwith some dinlow manager. Undertaker took 10 minutes to make it to the ring, wearing a dress, some stupid hood and MMA gloves. Chokeslams Lesnar into the table then gazes at the 'Wrestlemanina XXX' sign (looks like a muckfilm), then walks slowly out.

Forgot just how poo poo and cringeworthy wrestling really is. Typical that it's massive only in America.

Just seen a bit about this as well. They had a bit of a stare down/square up after one of Brock's UFC matches and apparently there's some personal history there. Undertaker has been trying to wrestle him for years apparently.

Could be interesting, although I don't think they'll end the streak.

It's bullshit. Undertaker went to see Lesnar in a title fight in the UFC and the both forgot that they were in public ie: didn't need to act.

Watched the end of Raw earlier. No wrestling from what I saw, but it was Brock Lesnar signing a Wrestlemania contractwith some dinlow manager. Undertaker took 10 minutes to make it to the ring, wearing a dress, some stupid hood and MMA gloves. Chokeslams Lesnar into the table then gazes at the 'Wrestlemanina XXX' sign (looks like a muckfilm), then walks slowly out.

Forgot just how poo poo and cringeworthy wrestling really is. Typical that it's MASSIVE only in America.

It's pretty popular in Japan, Mexico, Canada and the United Kingdom among others...

I'm perplexed as to why you bothered watching if you already had the opinion that it was a load of poo poo. 

It's pretty popular in Japan, Mexico, Canada and the United Kingdom among others...

I'm perplexed as to why you bothered watching if you already had the opinion that it was a load of poo poo. 

Out of curiosity. I always knew it was poo poo, but there was a spare ten minutes where nothing was on telly, so I stuck it on to see whether it's got any bottom.

Yes, it's popular in many countries around the globe, but nothing like America. When I said America, I was partially speaking about Mexico and Canada (Northa and South America), but mainly the USA.

Nowhere in the world is wrestling taken so seriously, and considering how popular actual wrestling is, it's a surprise that the only proffessional wrestling is the crap acting non competition that is WWE and the like.

Nowhere in the world is wrestling taken so seriously

See this is where it sort of reverses on you though.

Every single person I know in real life who still watches wrestling and almost every single thing I've ever read online from people who watch wrestling.. they're all in on it. They all know the inner workings of the business, what's happening and generally why. It's taken seriously in as much as that the business and behind the scenes working of any entertainment brand are talked about. I actually spend quite a bit more time reading about wrestling than I do watching it, because it's interesting to hear people who know what they're talking about discect and analyse anything to that level of detail. The product, the panto and the entertainment is obviously layered on top of it for those who want to watch.

See this is where it sort of reverses on you though.

Every single person I know in real life who still watches wrestling and almost every single thing I've ever read online from people who watch wrestling.. they're all in on it. They all know the inner workings of the business, what's happening and generally why. It's taken seriously in as much as that the business and behind the scenes working of any entertainment brand are talked about. I actually spend quite a bit more time reading about wrestling than I do watching it, because it's interesting to hear people who know what they're talking about discect and analyse anything to that level of detail. The product, the panto and the entertainment is obviously layered on top of it for those who want to watch.

They can talk all day long about it, but it's still not competetive wrestling. It's choreographed poo . They allow each other to perform moves on them and most of the moves in WWE etc you'll never see in a competetive wrestling match.

They can talk all day long about it, but it's still not competetive wrestling. It's choreographed poo . They allow each other to perform moves on them and most of the moves in WWE etc you'll never see in a competetive wrestling match.

It is almost like comparing handball with football, and claiming it is cr*p because they are playing with their hands, and not with their feet...

Pro wrestling is NOT a real wrestling, and it is not fair to call it poo because of it.

It is a choreographed spectacle trying to mirror martial arts, think of it as a theater in the ring if you must.

Best pro wrestlers out there are real artist in very demanding job they do.

Smackdown:

Batista and Dolph Ziggler segment was good.

Big E Langston and Mark Henry vs The Real Americans was ok.

Vicki Guererro, Alberto Del Rio and Shemaus segment was ok.

Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio was ok.

Lana and Alexander Rusev segment was crap.

The Shield segment was ok.

Dolph Ziggler vs Batista was good.

The Wyatt Family and The Shield segment was good.

Cameron vs AJ Lee was crap.

Daniel Bryan and The Uso's vs Kane and The New Age Outlaws was good.   

It is almost like comparing handball with football, and claiming it is cr*p because they are playing with their hands, and not with their feet...

Pro wrestling is NOT a real wrestling, and it is not fair to call it poo because of it.

It is a choreographed spectacle trying to mirror martial arts, think of it as a theater in the ring if you must.

Best pro wrestlers out there are real artist in very demanding job they do.

You're only echoing my point.

It is choreographed rubbish and it is insulting to most college / high school or whatever wrestlersby slapping the title 'wrestling' on the WWE theatrics.

Considering how big wrestling, in the competetive sense, is in America, there is nowhere for wrestlers to go and compete in wrestling as a proffessional when they leave school / college. How does that make any sense?!

It is all theatrics. So why is it aired on sports channels?! It's more acting than sport (could argue that the Premier League is going that way also).

Don't understand your comparison with football and handball though.

I don't think you really get professional wrestling.

No one denies the fact that it isn't "real" and hasn't done for nearly 30 years, what with it being called sports entertainment etc.

That doesn't detract from the fact that it is a great spectacles and the people who perform at the highest level are superb athletes, blessed with great skill, athletic ability and charisma.

As for the whole amateur wrestling thing...

Well Kurt Angle is arguably the greatest amateur wrestler that American ever produced (Olympic gold medallist 1996) and yet he has spent the last 15 years being a professional wrestler.

You can also look at the likes of Brock Lesnar who was a State champion I think before becoming a wrestler, then a UFA champion and now back wrestling.

If you want "real" action, which incorporates wrestling and other martial arts, then watch MMA.

I don't think you really get professional wrestling.

No one denies the fact that it isn't "real" and hasn't done for nearly 30 years, what with it being called sports entertainment etc.

That doesn't detract from the fact that it is a great spectacles and the people who perform at the highest level are superb athletes, blessed with great skill, athletic ability and charisma.

As for the whole amateur wrestling thing...

Well Kurt Angle is arguably the greatest amateur wrestler that American ever produced (Olympic gold medallist 1996) and yet he has spent the last 15 years being a professional wrestler.

You can also look at the likes of Brock Lesnar who was a State champion I think before becoming a wrestler, then a UFA champion and now back wrestling.

If you want "real" action, which incorporates wrestling and other martial arts, then watch MMA.

You're right... I don't get it. I see it as a spectacle for kids, but by your adult years you really should have grown out of it in my oppinion.

My point about competetive wrestling is that it's not the same as any other sport. You play football at school..... There's professional football. You play basketball at school..... There's professional basketball. You box at school..... There's professional boxing. Yoi wrestle at school..... You have the olympics, fake wrestling or learn other aspects of fighting and do MMA. There is no professional wrestling.

I don't disagree about the wrestlers being top athletes at all.