Boxing

Guest Big Guns

If the likes of Canello couldn't KO Mayweather then Khan has zero chance, if you're going to throw away your money at least give it to a good cause or something!

Maybe a little complacency on Mayweather's part could help the outcome. Afterall, everyone else has written Khan off before the fight is official..... Why wouldn't Flloyd?

Why wouldn't Flloyd?

Because he's a consummate professional when it comes to his boxing, he realised a long time ago the lesson that Broner was too foolish to learn, if you want to create the kind of persona people will pay lots of money to hopefully see get knocked out you have to make sure you don't get knocked out!

Because he's a consummate professional when it comes to his boxing, he realised a long time ago the lesson that Broner was too foolish to learn, if you want to create the kind of persona people will pay lots of money to hopefully see get knocked out you have to make sure you don't get knocked out!

Fair point. Hopefully he slips up at some point though.

Well I just don't see it happening, as much as I dislike his persona it's hard not to admire him in the ring, especially the age he is now still being such a dominant force against people at their absolute physical peak like Canello who is walking through everyone else, he's just on another level.

Absolutely agree. I think things may well have been slightly different if the judges saw the De La Hoya fight the same way as I did.

I fully expect Mayweather to beat Khan senseless, but should Amir pull off the shock of a lifetime, I would like to cash in on it. Hopefully the odds are lengthy.

Fair enough. I didn't really have a disliking Mayweather until the Hatton fight. I knew he was a wee pipe, but it didn't bother me before.

I thought Oscar won more rounds and more convincing than Mayweather's. It was relatively close, but I thought that Mayweather's name got him the win, as what happens with big names in fight sports.

I thought that De La Hoya just about took that fight as well but you cant say Mayweather took it "because of his name". That's mental. Oscar De La Hoya that America upstart who nobody has heard of? Give over. It was a close fight that went just the wrong way in a lot of peoples eyes. It wasn't a Robin Reid/Sven Ottke travesty by any means.

I also quite like Mayweather. I mean, he knocked out the Big Show at Wrestlemania that one year. Reyt fighter.

"I'm an all-action man in anything I do. If I'm drinking, I'm drinking until I can't stand up any more. If I'm going out for Chinese, I'm going to an all-you-can-eat Chinese. If I'm eating cake, I'm eating the whole cake. I don't know what you'd call me - an idiot, maybe?"

There are no words.

Guest Big Guns

I've just seen that Mayweather v Maidana is as good as set now. Apparently the fans voted for Khan, but his uncle wants him to fight Maidana so he's going with him instead.

does that mean khan v kell brook then ? or will khan bottle it or will brook get injured